FS: Rare F0 apisto sp. "purple" male- gorgeous!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by harpua2002, Mar 16, 2010.

1. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I have this gorgeous fish for sale, local pickup only for now. I'm located north of Atlanta. If he doesn't sell in the next couple weeks, I may consider shipping when I get some heat packs. He's an F0 (wild caught) apistogramma sp. "purple". These fish are rare and not something you're going to see at most LFS. I'm asking $15 for him. He needs a minimum of a 20 gallon tank and would be a great centerpiece fish for a community tank. Good tank mates are cories, tetras, angels, etc. Here are some pics of this beautiful boy! He is a little camera shy, but is healthy and eating frozen foods and pellet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. Morgan111

Morgan111Well Known MemberMember

nice fish

3. OP
    OP
    harpua2002

Thanks Morgan111! He's got some growing to do so he'll color up a lot more as he gets older. :)

4. Morgan111

I'm looking to do them and rams in my next tank.... too bad you l.ive so far away or it could add to my MTS lol

5. TedsTank

TedsTankWell Known MemberMember

Nice!! I've seen them on the market lately...sorry but I'm "getting out" of the apistos... They breed to fast, end up with too many babies and I'm not setup for all those growout tanks... but they are are all beautiful fish. Did you post him on the Apistoforum??..might find a owner for him there.

6. OP
    OP
    harpua2002

No, I thought I'd give any Fishlore friends that are local first crack at him. :)

7. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

PM Sent.

8. OP
    OP
    harpua2002

Pending. :)

9. Morgan111

Sweet a new home for a pretty fish....

10. TedsTank

TedsTankWell Known MemberMember

cool...congratulations!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice