FS: Low and medium light plants!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by harpua2002, Apr 14, 2010.

1. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Hey FL friends! I just got in a nice shipment of plants and you all are the first to know. :)

I ship Priority to continental US only. Shipping is $5 for a small box, $11 for medium, and $15 for large. I accept Paypal. If you have any questions for me, feel free to post them here or send a PM. I'm happy to help!

*edited to add*
    As always, I will only sell to members with 50 posts or more. If you are under 18, you'll need to get your parents' permission to buy. Thanks for looking!

Cryptocorynes
    Lutea, $2.50
    15.jpg

Retrospiralis, $5- bad pic, great looking plant!
    19.jpg

Blassii, $3
    498.jpg

Balansae, $2.50 *edit* SOLD
    499.jpg

Wendtii green, $3
    501.jpg

Lucens, $3
    503.jpg

Wendtii red, $3
    504.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Anubias
    Lanceolata, $5 *edit* SOLD
    506.jpg

Hastifolia, $7- nice and big, leaves have a really cool shape *edit* SOLD
    508.jpg

Congensis, $5- these are really big plants! *edit* SOLD
    510.jpg

Nana, $6- sorry for the bad pic.
    14.jpg

Barteri growing in lava rock, $10- really unique and pretty! *edit* SOLD
    512.jpg
    513.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Swords
    Marble queen radican, $6- beautiful!
    514.jpg
    516.jpg

Red rubin, $6- these beauties are over a foot tall.
    518.jpg
    519.jpg

Ruby red melon, $6
    520.jpg

Melon, $8
    521.jpg

small Amazon, $5
    524.jpg

Micro sword, $8 for all or $4 for half *edit* SOLD
    526.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  4. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  5. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

PM Sent.

6. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

I assume that the largeish plants only fit in the large box, Harpua?

In particular, I'm looking at:

Balansae
    Red rubin
    Bacopa
    Congensis

Might be moot anyway since I don't think I can order for another 2-4 weeks...oh, and sizes in general would be helpful, but the towel and hand serve as some kind of reference. :p Beautiful plants. :)

7. e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

Can you accept personal checks? If so I will probably buy quite a few from you :)

8. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I'd really rather not do a check. I would consider a money order, as long as you are ok with me shipping after I receive payment. Keep in mind that I only ship Mondays, Tuesdays, and possibly Wednesdays to be sure the plants don't get stuck in the mail over the weekend... so if you mail a money order, it's going to take some time. ;)

Do you not have Paypal? That's really the easiest way IMO. :)

midthought:
    The balansae would fit in a small box, but the other plants are really pretty big, lol. I am pretty confident I can save you a little money on shipping cost with a medium box... I should be able to fit those plants in there (depending, of course, on how many of each you would want). :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  9. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Is money order basically the same as cash? Our Paypal isn't working either, and I'm dying to get the plants! (actually now I might want Cryptocoryne lutea instead of petchii, lol)

10. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

Oh you edited so I didn't see this until just now. ;D I'm going to pm you when my exams are over and see what's left! My new lighting should be in by then too, so I should know whether my melting swords will survive this or not... >.<

11. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Basically. You go and buy the money order and send it to me, and I go cash it. Postal money order would be awesome since I'll need to go the post office anyway, lol. Then I don't have to go to the bank and have them put a hold on an out of state check. :p
    I really prefer Paypal but I understand that you're having Paypal issues and I'm totally willing to work with you on that.

Very cool! We can definitely see what I have available in a couple weeks. My tanks and plant tubs are absolutely stuffed with plants right now so I think we can work something out in a couple weeks. :)

12. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

PM sent. ;D

13. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Replied! ;D

14. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Are any of these plants small enough to look good in a 10 gallon? I was thinking along the lines of Micro swords and Anubias nana (Crypts and bolbitis apparently too big), but do you have any suggestions?

15. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Crypt lucens is the smallest crypt I have. Something like the retrospiralis or balansae would make a nice background plant for a 10. The anubias nana is a nice size for a 10, and so is the barteri growing in lava rock. The corkscrew val would look nice maybe in the middle or background, and the cardinal plant is pretty small, maybe it would be cool somewhere toward the front or middle.

16. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

I have Nana and Barteri On my 10 gal they are great actually they grow faster there than in the other tanks. :;th

17. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Marimo balls are all pending. Everything else listed is still available! :)

18. LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Any plants that would be best for a planted tank beginner? I'm liking that lava rock stuff but many of the others, as well.

19. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

Anubias is literally an invincible plant that's very hard to kill. That plant on the lava rock is perfect for your tank.

If you're willing to occasionally dose ferts, then crypts will be a good mid-to-background.

20. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I never dose ferts for crypts. Mine do great even when in regular gravel rather than planted tank substrate. The anubias in lava rock would be a great choice as well. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice