FS: F1 Apistogramma borelli and unknown cactuoides!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Apistogramma borelli- .5 - 1" and almost sexable. 6 available. $5 each, all 6 for $25. Here are some pics of the actual fish for sale.

588.jpg

589.jpg

And this is a pic of their dad!
579.jpg

Apistogramma cacatuoides- We got a few of these guys at auction and grew them out from tiny fry. 2 young pairs available. $15 per pair. I think they may be double or triple reds, but I'm not sure. We just really don't know so you get a discount because we know you'll let us know what they turn out to be, ending the mystery that has literally kept us up nights. Pics are of actual fish available!

591.jpg

592.jpg

593.jpg

596.jpg

PM me with your zip for shipping quotes. I can ship via Express mail or Priority. Per forum rules, I will only sell to members with 50 posts or more. If you are under 18, be sure to get your parents' permission before ordering.

Thanks for looking!

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cool they look like triple reds (top pic)...color spots on doral, tail and annal fins....if not triple reds they be triple somethings!! (orange, etc.)

If you breed any of your own, the spawn are usually a mix of regulars, double and triple. and even some clear fins...there has been a lot of breeding to get these colors, and they aren't always stable....but fun fish. Mine did great in a community tank and even raised a few young. Borelli's too....all nice community fish, especially if not meant for breeding.

I recommend these 2 species for anyone wanting a small cichlid to add to a community tank.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We have bred several species of apistos, but we did not breed these. The cac's came from auction, we got a bag of fry and grew them out. That's why we don't know what type they are, lol. The borellis came from a person here in the Atlanta area who bred them. We have acquired the parents of these fish from that person and are hoping for many spawns. The parents are truly stunning fish.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only one more cacatuoides pair available!
Borellis are all still available. These are great looking fish. If you have been considering apistos, you'll love them!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
PM sent

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cac's are sold. Borellis still available.

LICfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just received my cacatuoides pair. They look great. Thanks harpua!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LICfish said:
Just received my cacatuoides pair. They look great. Thanks harpua!
+1.

I was annoyed they didn't ring the doorbell or knock on the door though.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks you two!

That annoys me too, btw... when I get fish and plant orders in (big quantities!), they don't bother to ring my doorbell either! I pretty much just have to check at the door every 15 min's or so on days when I am receiving orders. It's super hot here- having them sit outside would not be good!

Borellis still available.

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Would the borellis be a good addition to a 55 gallon community tank?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Eventually yes, but at this size I'd worry about your angel eating them. They are still pretty small and borellis aren't fast growers. How big is your angel?

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It's about 3 inches from tip of nose to end of tail. I have some guppy fry in there that s/he is leaving alone, though they are about an inch already and s/he did eat a few before they reached this size. I have a 30 gallon that I use as a QT tank. I could put them in there until they are big enough. How long do you think that would be?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it would probably take several months to grow them out to put them in your 55. A lot of it depends on the individual angel, but there's really no way to know, lol.

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hmmm, several months... That's a long time to have my 30 gallon set up. I also have a 5.5 gallon. Could I use that to grow them out? I would do as many water changes as necessary to keep the water pristine.

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guess you could, but I'd personally rather grow them out in at least a 10. If you were diligent on water changes, it could probably work.

pinksprklmonkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok, I really want these guys. So I'm going to have a chat with my bf to see if we can leave the 30 gallon up while they grow. I think it'll be fine. Are they sexable yet? And will these guys fight if I happen to get 2 males? Sorry for all the posts. And thank you!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMO they are not sexable yet. Even if you get 2 males, they should be fine growing out in a 30 gal. In a 55, I would not expect even 2 adult males to fight. But, as always, your mileage may vary.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads