Fry's stuck! Help

Discussion in 'Endlers Livebearers' started by mosaicguppy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. mosaicguppyWell Known MemberMember

I noticed one of my young female endlers was getting chased around by the males too much so I decided to give her a rest and moved her to the 10 gallon fry tank. Well, she gave birth to a tiny fry today! I don't see any more but the problem is there's a fry stuck. I can see the tail sticking out and I don't know how long it's been stuck but it looks dead which it probably is. How can I help her? She seems like she's in a lot of pain and has been swimming around with the fry stuck for quite some time now. :(

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

I think I would have to let Mother Nature take her course on this one.

Best wishes for your fish.

Ken

3. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

I wouldn't interfere. You might damage her internally if you yank the fry out.

4. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

I'd fast her for a couple days and see how she does. Sorry about your female :(

5. OP
    OP
    m

mosaicguppyWell Known MemberMember

She's not looking good, I don't think she'll make it. :(

6. ilikeendlersNew MemberMember

Babies will get stuck from time to time.
    What I've tried to help the process was not to cause stress to the mother.
    (Meaning, I try to stay away from looking too close or maybe a couple drops of Seachem Prime)
    Who knows what damages will take place when a mother giving birth is under stress.

7. OP
    OP
    m

mosaicguppyWell Known MemberMember

She didn't make it, I guess that's what happens when you have young females giving birth, the fry get stuck more easily. :(

8. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

I am sorry for your loss.

9. LyndaB

LyndaBFishlore LegendMember

Sorry......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice