Fry update

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by damprye, Apr 20, 2010.

1. dampryeValued MemberMember

I have both good news and bad news. My fry are huge and are coming up to breathe air from the surface, bad news is I think I have the water level up too high for my smaller fry and so I think I have lost some more of them :;a but the stronger have prevailed and are looking really healthy (I still can't find my camera) so I do not think I will be losing anymore and this experience has really been a learning curve. I have taken away from this great lessons and skills and cannot wait till I decide the timing is right for the next spawn although that will not be until I sell the babies I am not keeping. One of my boys (he is in the old fry tank) has filled half of the 20g tank with a gigantic bubble nest ... hinting much? :p but unfortunately I will not be breeding him, he is my first and favourite betta and after what happened when I bred him last time I cannot bare to see him hurt again and I have some rather agressive females. The fry certinatly know when feeding time is lol, they are always waiting for me :;ha
    The snails are doing a great job at baby sitting and are not breeding too much themselves (I give their babies to my sister who loves them ;D)
    Well I shall update as my fry develop further (can't wait to see their colours) and when I find that camera lol.

2. TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

I'm glad to hear this. You have to learn somewhere, and see how far you have got so far! Congrats!!

3. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Hello...congrats on reaching this milestone! How many fry do you think you have left?

4. dampryeValued MemberMember

Their tank is heavily planted atm but just from looking there are ~20 in sight.
    Is it normal for agression to start so soon? My biggest seems to be chasing the others.

5. dampryeValued MemberMember

Wow there are alot more coming out of hiding now, I'm thinking ~50 and they are 6 weeks today :D the little ones are slowly growing bigger and the bigger ones are starting to colour up, although most of them seem to have their Father's which many friends have said is very pretty. I think it is cool seeing the shiny blue tinge to their otherwise clear finnage. I think a few will end up having their Mother's traditional cambodian colouring but atm it does not look like many and none seem to have her tail :( I would have been able to sell the DT very easily but as long as I don't end up with any VT's (or at least not many) I will be very happy. Daddy is a SD. I can see on the bigger ones that all of their fins seem to be growing well so it was definately a good thing to check up on water changes when I was unsure, the smaller ones are too small to find out yet.. plus they hide alot. I can't wait for the next few weeks to fly by, my babies look bigger every day and I have been adding freeze dried bloodworm and they live it (I chop it smaller and still add BBS for the litllies) :)

6. uprightandlockedWell Known MemberMember

Wow that is so fun! Do you have any pictures?

7. dampryeValued MemberMember

No :'( stupid camera wont show itself but I am getting a new phone next week and it apparently has an ok camera on it so fingerscrossed :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice