Help Fry Id Help

TankGirl86

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi! I had mystery fry born on August 5th. I previously posted that I thought my platy was sick because she was hanging out by the heater and then had white stringy poop. Shortly after the white strings, she was hiding in the rock cave. Came up to check on her and there were baby fry hiding in the plants. She hung out in the rock for maybe 3 days after this all began. Now, I really want to say that these fry belong to my platy Piggy, but I also have 2 female guppies that apparently are storing sperm until the end of time. Every other week it seems I discover new tiny little eyes looking up at me when I open the lid to feed them. The guppy fry seemed to be teeny when they were born compared to the mystery fry that were still tiny but on the longer side.
I attempted to take pictures but they're so darn fast. They are 16 days old and are not orange like Piggy-a few actually look kindof blueish. Do these look like platy or guppy? Thanks for taking the time.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--561264476.jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1608711747.jpeg

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nooooooo! Hahhahaha I think so too, but the behavior of my platy when this was all happening is so suspect to me. She's never hidden like that before or since.
White stringy poop is a sign of an unhealthy fish, usually related to parasites. So I'd think she was dealing with something like that.

It is possible these are platy but to me they look like my guppy fry

TankGirl86

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
White stringy poop is a sign of an unhealthy fish, usually related to parasites. So I'd think she was dealing with something like that.

It is possible these are platy but to me they look like my guppy fry
I've read all sorts of stuff on white strings meaning parasites, but when I meantioned it to my lfs owner and paired with the hiding and hanging by the warm heater he wasn't surprised by the fry at all and that white strings can happen during labor. I guess time will tell! Thank you for your input!

I've read all sorts of stuff on white strings meaning parasites, but when I meantioned it to my lfs owner and paired with the hiding and hanging by the warm heater he wasn't surprised by the fry at all and that white strings can happen during labor. I guess time will tell! Thank you for your input!
Here's another pic.
20190821_133502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom