fry food

i <3 fish!

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
what is the best thing to feed guppy fry? i have been feeding them crushed up flakes. is there any thing else i can feed them????

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Newly hatched baby brine shrimp works well.

I find the best thing for feeding them though is a varied diet

Chris

i <3 fish!

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
sweet, thanx

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I see you have posted your last two posts in the general forum. I am sure a mod will come along and move them to the correct place, but to minimize their work load you can go to the main page of the forums under "Freshwater Aquarium Fish Forum" Then there is a section for "Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates" Click on Liveberrers, then you will see the guppy forum. You will get better replies if you put your posts in the right sections

As far as feeding fry, there is a product found at the LFS called liquifry, you can also feed BBS, microworms, or egg yolks. From what I have read live BBS is the best choice because it is easy to get, easy to harvest and doesn't foul your water like frozen will.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Oh and hiakri first bites and kens fish foods are good too

Chris

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
crushed up blood worms in small doses makes em grow rapidly feed 4 times a day for a month or so flake as staple

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can use decapsulated brine shrimp also. They are shrimp that have been hatched and dried so none of the fuss and mess of hatching. Also a very fine powder fry food is Hikari First Bites.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Chris123 said:
Oh and hiakri first bites and kens fish foods are good too

Chris
Beat me to it
Don't forget the extra water changes also. Fry need to be fed more often than adult fish so there is usually a little food left over and they will produce more waste.

I also feed livebearers crushed veggie flakes since they need veggies in their diet. I found many years ago they need the vitamins in veggies to prevent curved spines.
Carol

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
golden pearls from kensfish is one of the BEST imo

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jetajockey said:
golden pearls from kensfish is one of the BEST imo
Yep I like the golden pearls for tiny egg layer fry but the slightly bigger Decapsulated shrimp from Kens is excellent for livebearer fry.
Carol

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
golden pearls comes in larger sizes also, I actually feed some of my adult fish with the 300-500 micron size.

I haven't tried their decapped brine shrimp but I'm sure it beats the heck out of hatching them lol.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jetajockey said:
golden pearls comes in larger sizes also, I actually feed some of my adult fish with the 300-500 micron size.

I haven't tried their decapped brine shrimp but I'm sure it beats the heck out of hatching them lol.
Sure does beat htching them and I don't notice a difference in the fry accepting them. I knew the golden pearls came bigger but like to feed a variety
carol

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads