Fry Feeding Question

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by Stum, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Stum

Stum Valued Member Member

hi guys what is the best thing to feed fish fry. I wanna make them grow as fast as possible is there any tricks? I’m feeding them baby brine right now but I’ve been wondering if I can’t mince up dry food and feed them that. Or what’s the best option.

2. coralbandit

coralbandit Well Known Member Member

I use kens grow crumbles and golden pearls along with BBS for my rams.
    Both the crumbles and golden pearls come in several sizes..

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

stay away from the powdered comercial foods and egg yolk recipes which in my experience cloud the water and foul it very bad. Brine shrimp aren't the best live food for fry anymore after more and more studies are being done relating to high salt content on a the growing swim bladders. My favorite depending on the fry include, infusoria, microworms, walter worms, and vinegar eels. Walter worms will probably be the best option as a starter, moving to micro worms later which are a bit bigger.

4. OP
    OP
    Stum

Stum Valued Member Member

Yea I already have a pile of baby brine to hatch out and what not I use golden pearls and do daily water changes. I just want something to once passed that stage to make them grow as fast as possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice