Fry decisions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bdriver55, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Bdriver55Valued MemberMember

I have a tank full of live bearers I had a batch of guppies about 2 and a half months ago. They still look small to me but I feel like with them getting a little color and I am able to slightly identify fins under their body they might be ready to be let out of the breeder. Do you think they will be eaten?

Best pic I could get

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Protim Sarkar

Protim SarkarWell Known MemberMember

I think they will be fine.Might the big ones can nip or chase them.

3. LJC6780

LJC6780Well Known MemberMember

Depending on how big your other fish are, they may or may not be ok. If the other fish are big enough to eat them they may become a snack. However, I didn't use a breeder with mine and while several got eaten right after birth, the mothers pretty much left them alone after a few hours. I think about 20 survived. No clue how many were eaten.

Make sure they have lots of hiding spots ... low plants ... maybe even floating plants ...

4. OP
    OP
    B

Bdriver55Valued MemberMember

Right now it's not heavily planted because I just set this tank up about 3 weeks ago. The mom and dad I gave away, so right now I have mollies in the tank and the fry are guppy. My two largest fish are two male sailfin.

5. Andromeda

AndromedaValued MemberMember

They still look a bit too young to me. What type of gravel do you have in your main tank? Instinct will make they hide in large gravel and they often get stuck and die that way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice