Fry Color Question 

lamom43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought my 3 dalmation mollies on may 29th. one had babies on the 31st. I only discovered 6. But 2 of them died. I moved the babies to a 1 gallon tank. They are the color of sand one is even lighter. Will they change color. these are my first livebearers. thanks

JoeSmo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If you feed the babies good food, with age they will colour up. Good luck with your babies . How many gallons is the tank the three adults are in?

SFwriter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had those sand-colored fry turn white, then start getting dalmation spots after about a month. But, I have one I found all by its lonesome in the tank that is starting to look like a Kohaku Koi-colored molly.

lamom43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well i have them in a 5 gallon right now. but i do have a 10 gallon they can be moved to. I'm trying to get something to put the 10 gallon tank on before there moved. I'm feeding them the color enhancing flake food, tetracolor. Sometimes bloodworms and shrimp.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Molly fry came out black from what I suspect was the black Molly that mysteriously died one night.

It's my darn platy fry that haven't colored up one bit and they're two months old now!

-Lisa

lamom43

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the replies everyone

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads