Fry Care! New goldie mommy!

bellachan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Not even a month with my new orandas and I wake up 3 days ago to find a pair spawning and laying eggs EVERYWHERE. (I have no spawning mops, was not planning to breed)

I was letting nature take it's course cuz they were stuck all over the glass of my barebottom tank. Finally today when I saw that most of the eggs where white and easy to remove, I swipped my tank with a facecloth,...only to notices some wiggly fertalized eggs that weren't eaten and now attached to my cloth! I emmediatly placed a breeder holding tank in my aquarium and was able to find about 20 eggs. Not too late after they hatched!

I know it's not much, but I have brine shrimp eggs, golden pearls, frozen foods, sponge filters and a 20gal tank sitting around. I want to try to raise them.

Can anyone give me fry care informaion? I'm doing some research but would love words from someone who has done it

Here are the parents:

Mother Obi
image.jpg

Father Chewy
image.jpg

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Finely crushed flake will work after they become freeswimming. They don't eat before that. Clean water is the number 1 need at this stage.

carol

biller

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congratulations on the baby's!!!!!!
Nice pics of the parents

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

bellachan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks biller

And thank you carol, i've prepared everything and am ready to take these tiny babies on! Lol wish me luck!

biller

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Make sure the tank they are going into is cycled, or they could die.
Good luck

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

bellachan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Babies are still in the parents tank in a breeder tank (they are not free swimming yet). Their 5 and 20gal tank is running as we speak with sponge and HOB filters (HOB is in the 20 for when they are big and strong enough) from established tanks

I've got baby brine shrimp that should hatch tommorow or the next morning, grounded algae/veggie flakes and brine shrimp flakes. And 300 micron golden pearls for food

Frozen brine shrimp and gell foods for when they are older. And then when they can, they will be on the same feeding schedule as the adults pellets, bloodworms and gell foods.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom