Frustrated - No Business Setting Up Aquarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrgso, Apr 20, 2018.

1. mrgso

mrgsoValued MemberMember

I just need to rant a little. I have a coworker who really wanted a fish tank so she just impulse bought a 30 gallon. (She also has 5 kids 2 cats a dog, 6 chickens works full time and goes to school) I told her a 30 gallon will take a lot of work to start and will need to be cycled. I sent her piles of info on various ways to cycle a tank but suggested ammonia drops instead of "starter fish." I also sent piles of info on temperature, ph, chlorine, compatible varieties, etc. Her response was to go out the same day and buy a bunch of fish(too many for the tank) and just throw them in. She claimed she bought something that instantly got rid of any hazardous chemicals AND cycled the tank. A couple of days later she was mad that they were all sick/dying. When will people realize these are real animals and not just decorations? If you pay close enough attention some even have individual personalities. I am just frustrated and sad.

2. JoeCamaro

JoeCamaroWell Known MemberMember

That sucks :(
    You did the right thing though. Sometimes sharing the info is all we can do. It is up to them to accept it or not.
    I hope she learns from this experience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice