Frustrated - No Business Setting Up Aquarium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrgso, Apr 20, 2018.

1. mrgso Valued Member Member

I just need to rant a little. I have a coworker who really wanted a fish tank so she just impulse bought a 30 gallon. (She also has 5 kids 2 cats a dog, 6 chickens works full time and goes to school) I told her a 30 gallon will take a lot of work to start and will need to be cycled. I sent her piles of info on various ways to cycle a tank but suggested ammonia drops instead of "starter fish." I also sent piles of info on temperature, ph, chlorine, compatible varieties, etc. Her response was to go out the same day and buy a bunch of fish(too many for the tank) and just throw them in. She claimed she bought something that instantly got rid of any hazardous chemicals AND cycled the tank. A couple of days later she was mad that they were all sick/dying. When will people realize these are real animals and not just decorations? If you pay close enough attention some even have individual personalities. I am just frustrated and sad.

2. JoeCamaro Well Known Member Member

That sucks :(
    You did the right thing though. Sometimes sharing the info is all we can do. It is up to them to accept it or not.
    I hope she learns from this experience.