Frozen plant

Derek2408

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Took a shot on ordering some jungle Val off eBay 8$ free shipping. Didn’t have high hopes. It was in my mailbox shipped in a bag. Frozen solid. It have any chance ??

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope. I'm pretty sure that it will all melt and not come back. Sorry about that. I know that this wasn't the answer that you wanted to hear.

Derek2408

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I planted them anyway , we’ll see what happens. Emailed the seller, and he said he ships them like that in confidence.. says them freezing is not a death sentence. Idk , we’ll see

Inner10

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I think it's screwed lol let us know!

CoryFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s totally dead.

jkkgron2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Its doomed...and dead

KingJamal2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
And that’s why I never order live anything online...

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think a frozen plant can come back to life but keep us posted on the outcome. I am always open to possibilities. I do know frost is a death sentence for a lot of plants but some can survive being frozen. I really can't imagine that being the case for our aquarium plants though.
KingJamal2 said:
And that’s why I never order live anything online...
I actually have no problem ordering online from reputable sellers. Were it not for online sellers I would have no live plants in my tanks. I want to know upfront how they are going to package my product though. I want to know upfront if they are they going to add a heat pack in the winter or a cool pack in the summer.

SeattleRoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Derek2408 said:
Took a shot on ordering some jungle Val off eBay 8$ free shipping. Didn’t have high hopes. It was in my mailbox shipped in a bag. Frozen solid. It have any chance ??
Hi Derek2408,

The leaves and roots will likely all die if they were frozen . The crown, if it did not totally freeze, may send out new roots and leaves. If you see no growth in one week then file a claim and see if the seller wants to re-ship or refund your money.

Derek2408

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It def has a grey hue to it , doesn’t look great but it’s hanging on (been 2 days) I’m thinking it has a shot

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads