Frozen Food For Scarlet Badis

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BettaLover07, Apr 15, 2018.

1. BettaLover07

BettaLover07 Valued Member Member

how do I prepare frozen food for my Scarlet Badis? I currently have five Scarlet Badis and a baby Betta in a 5.5 gallon. Heavily planted, filtered and heated. I unfortunately couldn’t find any live food for my Badis so frozen it is.

Attached Files:

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

You have some stocking issue so if you would like to discuss.

As for feeding, get a small bowl of tank water and thaw the block out in there. If you can, add a vitamin supplement like VitaChem to your food.

3. OP
    OP
    BettaLover07

Is the stocking issue because of the betta? He is only in there for a bit when he is a little bigger I’m getting him one of those big 5 gallon glass bowls with a heater and sponge filter. He is really small at the moment btw.

4. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

I use frozen cubes, but a whole cube is too much to feed at once in my tanks. I cut them in half, thawing one half in tank water and leaving the other frozen for next time. Even then, it's too much for one feeding, so I keep the thawed stuff in a small container in the fridge for up to 4 days before thawing more.

I don't know anything about Badis but it seems you might just have a lot of fish in a small tank, so it would probably be best to feed carefully. I use tongs to drop individual shrimp, or sometimes a small pipette to just add a few at a time to the tank.

5. OP
    OP
    BettaLover07

I know my tank is small but the scarlet badis stay no bigger than 2-3 cm

6. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

In a 5.5 gallon, there isn’t enough room for the males to have territories.

You could have a male and 2 females, but females are almost nonexistent in the hobby so I would stick to 1 scarlet badis.

7. OP
    OP
    BettaLover07

Oh.. darn my lfs ( it’s a family owned sort of thing) raise almost all the fish they sell including Scarlet Badis and I thought if they were raised together they would be ok

8. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231 Well Known Member Member

All you do is take a cube and put it in a little warm water until it dissolves, or you can just plop it in the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice