Frogs and Crayfish

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope. Sorry, that's why they need bloodworms, blackworms, or pellets to eat.

OP
G

gmann21193

Reaction score
so putting in a frog with a crayfish means pretty much murder waiting to happen. Oh well. I have a spare 5 gallon tank I could put frogs in. Now I just need a filter and stuff. Do frogs require a filter and heater like normal fish? or any other equipment as well?

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, they require a filter and heater. What so you plan to feed them?

OP
G

gmann21193

Reaction score
probably blood worms. They have a bunch of those at my LFS. But could I house a crayfish and a ADF together in a 10 Gallon if I add some tank dividers??

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Probably not. I think you shouldn't because crayfishes get to 6 inches or larger and it might be too small for the crayfish.

OP
G

gmann21193

Reaction score
yea I guess your right. I have an australian species and most of those grow to be up to a foot! ( just like a lobster! ) hopefully ill have my friend's 150 gallon tank by the time he gets that big. Or maybe when he gets that big we will be having a crayish boil :-X lol just kiddin. Imagine a foot long crayfish trying to survive in a 10 gallon. hahahahaha ;D

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You're getting an Austrilian species? I thought you had regular blue. Anyway, is he in the 10 gallon aquarium right now?

OP
G

gmann21193

Reaction score
yea the guy that sold it to me said he was a "Australian Blue Crayfish" anyways, yes hes in a 10 gallon tank right now but he is just a baby only 2 inches long but he did grow a centimeter or two in his last moly a couple weeks ago. ill post some pics of him before and after his molt.

New Threads