Frogbit quick help

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
Need some help finding out which way is top for my frogbit. Bought it from a store and it looks a little different with big stems from what I've seen but it has decent roots.

When I floated it the way I thought the leaves were under water and I figured it must be wrong but it did seem like that was the natural flow of the plant. Can someone tell me which way is up

20200601_155437.jpg

20200601_155443.jpg

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
TW2AQUATICS said:
I could be wrong but that doesn’t look like frogbit to me. Here’s how mine looks-
Oh boy that's embarrassing. Well I should've researched at least it wasn't expensive. Hopefully someone else has some feedback

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
NBettas83 said:
If it is a Pothos, they do great if you put them in a filter.
Do they like grow out of the filter or do I submerge them. Either way I plan on replacing them with real frogbit

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Arrow1oo said:
Do they like grow out of the filter or do I submerge them. Either way I plan on replacing them with real frogbit
You can suspend them in the filter or float them above the tank with the root portion in the water....or you can go full ham and plant it submerged, they say the leaves will eventually die but I have seen several people in here with submerged thriving pothos plants.

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Arrow1oo said:
That is pretty cool, imma try that with my marineland emperor 400
Yeah, it's really fun. You can also cut parts of the stem off and put it in water, it will grow into a new plant. The Pothos also have these knobs on them. The ones higher up will grow into stems and the lower ones into roots.

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
B
NBettas83 said:
Yeah, it's really fun. You can also cut parts of the stem off and put it in water, it will grow into a new plant. The Pothos also have these knobs on them. The ones higher up will grow into stems and the lower ones into roots.
But my tank doesn't have any light except for the light that's on the tank

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Assuming that is a pothos plant of some sort, don't submerge the whole plant. Just the roots. As far as I know it won't go too well if submerged for too long.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you can't put it in the HOB find something to keep the leaves/ stems out of the water. You want just the roots.

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
If you can't put it in the HOB find something to keep the leaves/ stems out of the water. You want just the roots.
Oh okay , I'll have to take it out I had left it floating

OP
Arrow1oo

Arrow1oo

Well Known
Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
Maybe you could make some kind of a holder out of airline tube and suction cups or something.
Yea I'll experiment

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Arrow1oo said:
Yea I'll experiment
I used the black foam the 20ppi foam I believe and just punched some holes threw it and shoot the shoots through the holes I made and wedged it between the lid and tank.

New Threads