Frogbit and java moss getting nipped - Who is the culprit?

Chiasmodon

So, I noticed that my frogbits and my java moss are being nibbed by some fish or invert in my tank but I can't pinpoint what it is specifically.
so I have the following fishes and inverts in my tank

1. Three spot gouramies
2. White Skirts
3. Whisker Shrimp
4. Ivory Snails
5. Ramshorns
6. Bladder snails
7. Guppies
8. Mollies.

I already removed the common pleco and placed her in my other tank because I know that they eat plants.

JLAquatics

Hi there again! I have heard from multiple sources here on Fishlore of Mollies eating live plants. In the wild, Mollies will eat live plants and algae and will do it in your aquarium as well. Snails will only eat dead or dying leaves of plants so it is definitely not the Ramshorns, Ivory Snails, or Bladders if the Frogbit is in healthy shape. I ultimately suspect it is the Mollies, but I could definitely be wrong.

Upvote 0

Chiasmodon

Hi there again! I have heard from multiple sources here on Fishlore of Mollies eating live plants. In the wild, Mollies will eat live plants and algae and will do it in your aquarium as well. Snails will only eat dead or dying leaves of plants so it is definitely not the Ramshorns, Ivory Snails, or Bladders. I ultimately suspect it is the Mollies, but I could definitely be wrong.
Hello there too!, Time to place them again to my pond... and see if the frogbit grows roots again. ill just wait for other for responses.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

It’s probably the mollies or the ramshorn snails. Try slightly increasing the amount you feed (only need a few pellets) and see if that helps

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Is it just the roots of the Frogbit or the leaves as well? Pictures of the damaged Frogbit would also be nice in this case.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chiasmodon
  • Question
Replies
Views
Donovan Jones
  • Question
Replies
Views