10 Gallon Tank Friends To Add To My Guppies Fry Raising Tank.

JamesMcguppy

Reaction score
Okay so recently I've had a guppies fry explosion. They are in my 10 gallon planted tank with my endler guppies. What would be good companions to guppy fry like endlers where I wouldnt have to worry about them being eaten? I want something that is mid to bottom dwelling to add more character to the tank.

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What about shrimp (or snails)? They can add a pop of color to the tank and (imo) are fascinating to watch.
You will also need to upgrade to a larger tank eventually if you had a fry explosion, so a dwarf pleco or cory catfish would do great with guppy fry.

OP
JamesMcguppy

JamesMcguppy

Reaction score
I have a big mystery snail with them right now, I just want something that moves around more. I plan on rehoming a lot of my guppies once they get bigger. Also I will be setting up my 29 gallon when I manage to get a stand for it. I really like cory catfish so I may go with those but won't they eat newborn fry?

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JamesMcguppy said:
I have a big mystery snail with them right now, I just want something that moves around more. I plan on rehoming a lot of my guppies once they get bigger. Also I will be setting up my 29 gallon when I manage to get a stand for it. I really like cory catfish so I may go with those but won't they eat newborn fry?
Cories will be great with guppy fry. First, there is no way they will be able to catch the fry plus they don't hunt - they scavenge for worms in the wild (or in a tank will do after any pellets you toss in). Second, the cories almost exclusively stay at the bottom of the tank (and occasionally go up to get an air bubble but that's it). Overall unless you have a fry that can't swim or is sick such that it is stuck sitting on the substrate and can't move, the cories will not eat your fry

New Threads