Friends To Add To My Guppies Fry Raising Tank. 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by JamesMcguppy, Jun 9, 2019.

1. JamesMcguppy

JamesMcguppyValued MemberMember

Okay so recently I've had a guppies fry explosion. They are in my 10 gallon planted tank with my endler guppies. What would be good companions to guppy fry like endlers where I wouldnt have to worry about them being eaten? I want something that is mid to bottom dwelling to add more character to the tank.

2. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

What about shrimp (or snails)? They can add a pop of color to the tank and (imo) are fascinating to watch.
    You will also need to upgrade to a larger tank eventually if you had a fry explosion, so a dwarf pleco or cory catfish would do great with guppy fry.

3. OP
    OP
    JamesMcguppy

JamesMcguppyValued MemberMember

I have a big mystery snail with them right now, I just want something that moves around more. I plan on rehoming alot of my guppies once they get bigger. Also I will be setting up my 29 gallon when I manage to get a stand for it. I really like cory catfish so I may go with those but wont they eat newborn fry?

4. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

Cories will be great with guppy fry. First, there is no way they will be able to catch the fry plus they dont hunt - they scavenge for worms in the wild (or in a tank will do after any pellets you toss in). Second, the cories almost exclusively stay at the bottom of the tank (and occasionally go up to get an air bubble but thats it). Overall unless you have a fry that cant swim or is sick such that it is stuck sitting on the substrate and cant move, the cories will not eat your fry ;)