Friendly Rainbow Shark?

CaptainSupport

Hey all,

Just a quick post here with my shark. Before somebody says anything about the lack of substrate, I am in the middle of treatment of some nasty worms and having a bare bottom makes it easy to spot em!
For context, the log there is the only hiding spot in my tank for now, so the shark has claimed it.
Anyways. I have heard rainbow sharks are territorial and tend to defend their turf relentlessly. Does anyone else have one that is friendly?
The fully grown one I have in my 75 gallon (with 4 cories, 5 silver dollars, 4 pearl gourami) sits right next to my cories, and when he accidentally bumps into the cories they don't even move/mind and vise versa. Even when my silver dollars come near the shark's house he doesn't really chase them away, and if he does, it is gentle.

Fishowner24

CaptainSupport said:
Hey all,

Just a quick post here with my shark. Before somebody says anything about the lack of substrate, I am in the middle of treatment of some nasty worms and having a bare bottom makes it easy to spot em!
For context, the log there is the only hiding spot in my tank for now, so the shark has claimed it.
Anyways. I have heard rainbow sharks are territorial and tend to defend their turf relentlessly. Does anyone else have one that is friendly?
The fully grown one I have in my 75 gallon (with 4 cories, 5 silver dollars, 4 pearl gourami) sits right next to my cories, and when he accidentally bumps into the cories they don't even move/mind and vise versa. Even when my silver dollars come near the shark's house he doesn't really chase them away, and if he does, it is gentle.
different fish can have different characteristics. Yours might just be nice that isn't bad.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom