Friend needs help stocking a 22L!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by RingneckParrot, Dec 25, 2012.

1. RingneckParrot

RingneckParrotNew MemberMember

Hi, well you see my friend has been wanting tropical fish for a while and only recently she bought a 22L fish tank. I was telling her about my favourite fish, kuhli loaches and yoyo/pakistani/reticulated...call it what you like... loach and she did some research and really likes the species aswell as betta/siamese fighters. She was thinking about putting a fighter and some kuhlis and pakistanis in her tank... is this a good idea? Sorry, i'm not sure about the dimensions of the tank but I do know that she has a filter, heater..etc... Also, are the species compatible with each other???
    Thanks!:)
    RingneckParrot

2. jetajockey

jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

Considering the size of the tank I would probably only do a betta and maybe a small snail like a nerite. I would avoid any loaches, the tank just isn't big enough.

3. OP
    OP
    RingneckParrot

RingneckParrotNew MemberMember

Thanks for the quick reply! Hmmm thanks i'll tell her that...by the way are there any other tank mates she can keep with a betta in her size tank, oh and i've already researched African Dwarf Frogs and i've already asked about them in my other thread and apparently they are illegal to own in Australia... how annoying... about the only peaceful, fully aquatic frog you can keep in a fresh water tank... :/

4. catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Welcome to the forum.

Another option to the betta and possibility of live plants would be to set up a shrimp tank. I have a tank about the same size that houses Red Cherry Shrimp and many plants. The shrimp are very active with no predators and fun to watch.

5. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

That's a pretty small tank, please advise her not to overstock! one beta is loads for that tank

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice