Friday 13th!!

Do you beleive friday 13th is a bad day?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• not sure

• Total voters

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi was jsut wondering how many people beleive something bad will happen on friday 13th - Today!!

Oh yea and if anything did happen tell us about it. lol

Gwenz

P.S. - I beleive something bad will happen, but nothing has happened yet. :-\ lol

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sure something bad will happen today. Not because its the 13th...just because. Call me an optimist!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well my sister just scratched the car :-\ - don't know if that has anything to do with friday 13th!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't believe anything bad will happen, couple years ago I bought 20 fortune cookies and got several number 13's and nothing bad happened to me, though it kinda goes over with christianity that things like that aren't true either so I have to say no don't believe in anything. And nothing bad has happened anyways, if fact good things have happened.

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My family once had a Friday the 13th where our pool sprung a leak, something on the lawn mower broke, the handle broke off the vacuum, and I sprained my wrist. I chalk it up to coincidence though!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I hate to ruin the party but good luck and bad luck or any type of luck for that matter are all your head. If something bad happens today, you will think you have bad luck, but if something good happens to you today, you just overlook it and concentrate more on the bad luck that happened. Or at least that is my opinion.
Tom

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i know what you mean and i dont realy beleive that this stuff happens all the time, but something bad always seems to happen on friday 13th! :-\ like today my mum just got a bill saying she'd bought all these things that shes never even heard of so she has to sort that out. sometimes i just don't know what to beleive. :-\ ???

lol

Gwenz

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gwenz said:
i know what you mean and i dont realy beleive that this stuff happens all the time, but something bad always seems to happen on friday 13th! :-\ like today my mum just got a bill saying she'd bought all these things that shes never even heard of so she has to sort that out. sometimes i just don't know what to beleive. :-\ ???

lol

Gwenz
IMO, with that happening, I believe there are three things that could have happened,
1) She got the wrong bill and it was supposed to be for your neighbor(happened to my parents once or twice), so get her to recheck the mailing address
2) Someone took her (I'm assuming it is a debit/credit card) card and is useing it for other things for them, so get her to chack her wallet/purse
3) You took the card and bought some stuff for your tanks that you knew she wouldn't have known the name of. I'm just kidding about this one. ;D
Tom

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well today on my way out the door I stubbed my toe, then on the drive to work I got into an accident, so then I was late to work and my boss was pretty peeved. I tried to explain what happened but that just made him more upset so he fired me.

The on my way back home I got a flat tire. The tow truck guy went to change it and broke 3 of my lug studs off the wheel so I had to tow the car to a garage to get it fixed. Then the mechanic told me that the car needed about 900 dollars worth of work. So I walked home from there.

I got home and went to take a shower and found out that the hot water heater was broken and flooded the basement. And even as I am typing this my laptop is starting to smoke...

Jimold

Well Known Member
Reaction score
so far it's been a pretty good day, hope I didn't jinx myself...

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gargoyle said:
Well today on my way out the door I stubbed my toe, then on the drive to work I got into an accident, so then I was late to work and my boss was pretty peeved. I tried to explain what happened but that just made him more upset so he fired me.

The on my way back home I got a flat tire. The tow truck guy went to change it and broke 3 of my lug studs off the wheel so I had to tow the car to a garage to get it fixed. Then the mechanic told me that the car needed about 900 dollars worth of work. So I walked home from there.

I got home and went to take a shower and found out that the hot water heater was broken and flooded the basement. And even as I am typing this my laptop is starting to smoke...
Is this really what happened to you or are you just making this up? If it is true, I am so sorry to hear that.
Tom

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No I just made it up... It was in response to the poll about Friday the 13th... It's just another day.. ;D

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's good to hear. We have to have a good laugh once in a while. ;D
Tom

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
LOL...I thought he was serious up until the smoking lap top part. Thought we were gonna have to take up a collection for the poor dude for a minute there.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LOL.. that sounds more like a MONDAY the 13th! isn't monday a worse day than friday anyway?

jrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
On Friday 13th one of my swordtails jumped out of my tank and I fund her dead on my bedroom floor.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
But I also thought you would only have bad luck if it was Friday October 13? Any other Friday 13th would be just an ordinary day.
Tom

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
maybe its a regional/nationallity thing? in the uk ANY fri 13th is deemed unlucky. also anything to do 13...like the thirteenth floor or a room with 13 on it. but fri 13th is quite a thing over here. dont know where it stemmed from though? - i dont believe in it...i have bad luck every day!!! i'm very clumsy though, so thats a factor!!!!
tan

FishPirateL337

Valued Member
Reaction score
Something bad happens everyday, including Fridays on the 13th.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom