Freshwater Pom Pom Crabs Question

taylormarie213

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hello! I have three questions:

Can freshwater Pom Pom crabs be okay alone (no more of their kind) or would they be better with more of their kind?
If so, how many?

Can Pom Pom crabs and Amano shrimp coexist peacefully?

richie.p

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can see why you've had little response on this as theres very little information out there on them, I've been doing a little digging to help you out, I keep African armoured shrimp or also known as vampire shrimp which are fan feeders, your pom pom are also fan feeders and not aggressive but have been seen trying to attack small shrimp. Ammano shrimp size I think should be ok they are big enough to look after themselves so.ide give 1 a go for now, I also see no reason and I can't find anything to say they must be kept alone but would advise on asking where you bought them if they are ok as a group

taylormarie213

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I can see why you've had little response on this as theres very little information out there on them, I've been doing a little digging to help you out, I keep African armoured shrimp or also known as vampire shrimp which are fan feeders, your pom pom are also fan feeders and not aggressive but have been seen trying to attack small shrimp. Ammano shrimp size I think should be ok they are big enough to look after themselves so.ide give 1 a go for now, I also see no reason and I can't find anything to say they must be kept alone but would advise on asking where you bought them if they are ok as a group
Thank you so much! You gave me great info and advice! I will definitely ask the store if they do well alone or in groups. Again, thank you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom