Fresh Water Tank Not Crystal Clear

SSJ
I'm a biggener, day 3 of my Aquarium. the pet shop guy gave me an antI fungal drop to be put into the tank. I guess I dropped more than needed which turned the tank water BLUE. now I replaced 60% of that with fresh, normal water. still it is a bit blue...and the pet shop guy says it will be taken care by the filter. my question is, will a filter really do that? what can I do to make the water look more clear?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-04-05 at 2.21.28 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-04-05 at 2.21.28 PM.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 67
Fashooga
If you add carbon that will clear it up...though I'm curious to why you added medication to a tank that is cycling. Is it due to sick fish that you have in there?

Water changes will take that out but it will certainly delay your tank from cycling.

SSJ
If you add carbon that will clear it up...though I'm curious to why you added medication to a tank that is cycling. Is it due to sick fish that you have in there?

Water changes will take that out but it will certainly delay your tank from cycling.
Thanks for your reply and time. I am a complete ROOKIE to this, so I just followed what he said. WHen you say place carbon in the tank...what exactly should I put in the tank? are there carbon tablets available or something?

FishFish221
Like what was said above, activated carbon should be able to absorb it in a few days, then you will just need to throw it out.

WHen you say place carbon in the tank...what exactly should I put in the tank? are there carbon tablets available or something?
Activated carbon is usually place in a place with water movement, like in a filter. Your local pet store might have it, but if not there are some available online like this ( )

SSJ
Like what was said above, activated carbon should be able to absorb it in a few days, then you will just need to throw it out.

Activated carbon is usually place in a place with water movement, like in a filter. Your local pet store might have it, but if not there are some available online like this ( )
thanks!! this surely helps. one last question, do I need to use the carbon frequently? or running the filter continuously & changing the water would ensure the water remains clear?

FishFish221
thanks!! this surely helps. one last question, do I need to use the carbon frequently? or running the filter continuously & changing the water would ensure the water remains clear?
Carbon is usually used to remove any medications or chemicals you put into the aquarium. As long as there is no chemicals or medications that needs to be removed in the aquarium, you do not need to use carbon, so just water changes should allow the water to be clear.

SSJ
Carbon is usually used to remove any medications or chemicals you put into the aquarium. As long as there is no chemicals or medications that needs to be removed in the aquarium, you do not need to use carbon, so just water changes should allow the water to be clear.
I found another problem here...the tap water that I am using for the tank, that itself is not very good in quality. I can use flitered water, but that really a very tough option considering the water filer is palce far off and I need to fill this 3 feet long tank manually. anything you can suggest which can cleanse the water?

FishFish221
I found another problem here...the tap water that I am using for the tank, that itself is not very good in quality.
Not exactly sure about that. Maybe you can make a separate thread about it and someone with more knowledge about that can help you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mynamesjeff
Replies
Views
betafish102
  • Question
Replies
Views
Inner10
Replies