fresh coldwater profiles

richard7467

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hiya all. Fishlore is an excellent site but there are no profiles for fresh coldwater fish such as black mores red caps shabunkins etc.
I am currently keeping tropicals and with the help of FishLore I am pleased to report successfully! and will continue. I am now considering a coldwater tank.
Would be great if fishlore could add a coldwater section with profiles just like their tropicals/marines i know they have a goldfish bit but that doesn't really cover the whole scale of things ...what do you think?
Oh go on FishLore lets make this site the ultimate place to be for ALL fishkeepers.

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Since Shubumpkins, Moors etc. are Goldfish - there is Goldfish profile that covers them all. Really it's just like a tropical tank, without a heater. The stocking rule is for the first goldfish 20gal, and 10gal for every single goldie after. So, 3 Goldies need a 40gal. Don't keep fancy and Non fancy (Common, Comet, Shubumpkin) together.

Chief_waterchanger

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I see what Richard is saying. There is a lot more temperate fish than just goldfish. Perhaps that is a project worth looking into.

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard.

Cody

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i also agree, its like having, just a tetra profile, there are smillar in ways but dfferent to, i also think we should get a few more pleco and invert profiles

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cody said:
i also agree, its like having, just a tetra profile, there are smillar in ways but dfferent to, i also think we should get a few more pleco and invert profiles
It would be cool if we (the FL members) could submit them, apart from in the magazine.

richard7467

Valued Member
Reaction score
that would be a good idea plus that would cut down on the work load for all at FL they would just have to proof read them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom