Frequency Of Dosing Liquid Ferts With No Co2

poseidon1000

I recently rescaped my tank and added a new substrate.

Tank size/ Fish population:
- 46 gallon bowfront
- 6 Rainbows

Substrate and Plant info:
The subsrate that I chose is Seachem's Flourite gravel.
I have 5 different low tech plants (Jungle Vals in the background, Luwigia Repens, a bunch of Bacopa, Watersprite and Java Moss tied to driftwood.)
I've also buried some Flourish tabs in my substrate near my plants. I've had these plants for about 2 weeks now.

Liquid fertilizer info:
Seachem's Iron, Potassium, Excel, Nitrogen.
I started dosing this past week (I do less than the recommended dosage).
So, if for example, the recommended dosage for Potassium is 6.7ml for the size of my tank, I'll do 6ml.

Filtration:
Fluval 306 canister filter

Heater:
Fluval E-200W

Lighting:
Fresh & Plant 2.0 Full Spectrum Performance Led 46W, 36-48in

Photo-period / intensity:
- 4 hours in the morning
- break for 7 hours
- 4 hours in the evening
light intensity: 30%

NO CO2
NO airstone

My question is:

How often do I dose my tank? Do I need to dose my tank with all the aforementioned liquid ferts? Daily, every other day or once a week? I want to avoid an algae outbreak since I don't have CO2.

IMG_1552.jpg

CHIMERA

I personally do the recommended dosage on whatever ferts you are using maybe every other week.
If it is not enough, dose with every water change. Don’t do it everyday or you will regret it dearly.

Ed1957

I personally do the recommended dosage on whatever ferts you are using maybe every other week.
If it is not enough, dose with every water change. Don’t do it everyday or you will regret it dearly.

I follow the recommended dose from their website. 7 days a week from iron, phosphorus, nitrogen, excel, advanced, flourish. Why would you regret doing it daily. I have been doing it for a week now and the plants look great and have grown nicely. No algae. What will happen.

CHIMERA

I follow the recommended dose from their website. 7 days a week from iron, phosphorus, nitrogen, excel, advanced, flourish. Why would you regret doing it daily. I have been doing it for a week now and the plants look great and have grown nicely. No algae. What will happen.
ALGAE WILL STRIKE BACK
Lol. Sorry.

Ed1957

I find I have less algae as my plants are out competing algae for the nourishment. I am trying to grow algae for my incoming otos and can't get much to grow. Only some on the swords.

CHIMERA

I find I have less algae as my plants are out competing algae for the nourishment. I am trying to grow algae for my incoming otos and can't get much to grow. Only some on the swords.
Ah. I see.

Jocelyn Adelman

So, unfortunately you are still missing phosphorus and micros. For the micros you can use flourish comprehensive (just flourish in title) or flourish trace.
This is seachem dosing chart.

There are also formulas out there for adapting seachem to an eI or pps pro format...

poseidon1000

Thanks guys!
I'll add Flourish and Phosphorus to my line of ferts and dose every other week:

Week 1
Day 1: Flourish, Excel, Phosphorus, Nitrogen
Day 2: Iron, Potassium

Week 3
Repeat

Week 5
Repeat

I'll try this and monitor my plants. If things are not looking good I'll change the regimen to once a week.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
King o´ Angelfish
Replies
Views
Vishaquatics
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views