Freezing Rain

1. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

There is another thread about Blizzard warning and I didn't want to completely hijack it sooooo...We are expecting freezing rain and I thought I would share some pics of our last ice storm and what it did. This was in December of 07. SO lets hope we don't get too much freezing rain

Attached Files:

2. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

and some more

Attached Files:

3. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Wow, that's insane!
    The weather here is COLD, but really mild. I hope we get a little snow soon!

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Freezing rain is so beautiful, but it does so much damage. Thanks for the pics and we'll be keeping you in our thoughts. Keep us posted.:;hug2

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It sure is beautiful to look at, not fun to be in.
    Looking at your pics makes me want to go pick up that generator I was looking it.

6. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

It is beautiful. Everything was silent except trees all over town breaking and snapping, which for some reason was pretty to listen to. It echoes all over town. We have gas heat so we stayed warm but it hit such a huge amount of Kansas that some where out of electricity for a week or more.

7. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Omg, we had really bad freezing rain last year and I got out of school and I was home alone and I would jump like a foot everytime a tree would break, it was fun

8. haedra Well Known Member Member

O lord. I was complaining about our snow but after seeing that.. I don't feel like complaining so much anymore.

9. Tavel Well Known Member Member

wow...it's so destructive. And the roads are just ice, you can't even drive!

Sometimes it's funny to get a bit of rain over the snow...then you can walk on the snow!

10. haedra Well Known Member Member

Time to break out the ice skates. ;)

11. Omgami Member Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa, that was bad. I promise not to complain about the very cold wind chill today anymore, why it was just a little bit blustery here. Hang in there and lets hope its not as bad as o7.

12. chrlesdikkenson Initiate Member

Really weather has been change. Nothing seems to be in order. :(

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello CH. Thanks for sharing the amazing photos. Glad to hear you were safe and warm. It was 68 and humid here in SC yesterday. It rained for almost 24 hours non stop. Creek is up but we aren't flooded. Not fun being on a septic system though :(
    Ken

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

uummm been there done that:)

Ice is really beautiful but terribly dangerous. Thanks for the pics Cesch.

We're high and dry but the roads are still flooded. Hubby said he felt like he was going to the moon trying to get to work today. Some of the freeways are closed and many of the back roads are still flooded, some of them dangerously deep.
    So stay dry and warm every one.