Freeze-dried bloodworms

lisa987

Reaction score
WOW! I'm glad I read about bloodworms on here. I just picked them up yesterday and my bettas were skeptical at first but then they decided they love them! It's cute to watch them slurp up the longer ones like a piece of spaghetti.

OP
L

lisa987

Reaction score
Do you have to let the frozen ones thaw before you drop them in the tank?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I put mine in a cup and they thaw in the water, then I just pick it up and put it in the water, easy and super cheap. I get a sheet for 3$ that lasts forever.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes and you should not use frozen fish food unless you are prepared to have it in the freezer for a long time.  Those little cubes of frozen bloodworms are enough to feed bettas for a month or more.  The Freeze-dried are just a lot more easily dealt with.  They are still limited to the small number whether they are frozen or freeze-dried so it is important to keep them from overeating.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I avoid frozen foods because I've heard that the freezing process doesn't kill all the bacteria in the food. In fact I believe frozen foods have been directly linked to some Betta diseases.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hmmm. never had any problems with any of my fish with them. I'v actually read it's the freeze-dried that are bad lol. It seems there's a lot of contradicting views on things like this, don't know what to believe. :

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you buy a good brand, there should be no problem. The freeze-dried are fine, that is all I feed mine and they are foxy all the time but you have to control the amount of food you give either way. They still have to be kept from pigging out no matter what you feed them.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known
Reaction score
I used the frozen bloodworms once, but felt like they made the water cloudy. Maybe I fed them too much though? I will only give miy four bettas the freeze-dried blood worms, as I think the frozen ones are too messy.

CherryRose

New Threads