Free Red Var. Bacopa!!! (just Pay Shipping (

1. cody2posh

cody2posh Valued Member Member

So yeah pretty much exactly as advertised. Trimmed up a bunch of my red bacopa today along with some previous trimmings I replanted about a month ago. If you're not familiar with how bacopa grows, this means I have a TON of it.

This stuff is absolutely gorgeous and a great way to break up the solid green that tends to take over in planted tanks. I feel terrible just tossing it all (I have more than even my LFS will buy) so if you're interested, just message me and we can work everything out. These things are pretty hardy so it doesn't have to be next day, however I am in Texas so shipping them low rate in this heat is an at-your-own-risk scenario!

About what you'll get - 3 established cuttings 2"-4" in length. Simply prune off the bottom most leaves and insert directly into the substrate, literally that easy! PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU WANT THE RED COLOR TO REALLY POP YOU WILL NEED A DECENT AQUARIUM LIGHT. As long as you have a full spectrum bulb or at least some blue light, these things turn brick red on the topside of the leaves, and a bright magenta on the bottom (beautiful colors in hi-flow tanks)

I'll wait 48 hours from this post and then I'll be tossing the cuttings. I just don't have room to keep all of them! If you miss your window, I'll have more in a month or two, let me know and I'll make sure to contact you when they're ready.

2. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Heads up if anyone has some duckweed or any other kind of floating plant they'd be willing to trade, I'm definitely looking!

I've gotten a bunch of people contacting me, I'll head to the post office later today to get the specific shipping rates. Packages will be mailed out by Wednesday!

3. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

I have all the duckweed you could possibly want ...!!! It is on our pond down in the meadow so it will have snails. !!!!

4. luckdown

luckdown Well Known Member Member

Oooo I'd love some if you still have enough :3

5. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Of course, PM me and we can get everything lined up, should be shipping out Wednesday :)

6. Bogart16

Bogart16 Valued Member Member

Sending a message your way now. :)

7. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Ok guys, I had a bunch of you PM me saying you were interested, I sent out replies to everyone asking for mailing addresses and PayPal info for shipping costs, everyone told me they were putting everything together and then I heard back from ONE person.

If you guys want these I'll give one more day to get info from everyone, if nobody replies with information/confirmation I'm just gonna end up tossing it all into the one package.

Trying to give these things away y'all, cant wait forever

8. mattgirl

mattgirl Well Known Member Member

I sent you a PM but didn't post here first. I just assumed all had been claimed since I didn't receive a reply. I am still interested and will follow through if these plants are still available.

First class mail from DFW gets to me in the same amount of time as Priority since both packages are on the same plane. Priority used to mean something. But now it doesn't go any faster. They can just charge more for it. I guess that is one of my pet peeves :D

If you will answer my PM I will follow through.

9. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

My bad mattgirl check it one more time

10. mattgirl

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case your alerts aren't getting to you. I PM'd my address to you. It would be kinda hard for you to ship my plants without it :D

11. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Appreciate the heads up! I'll be getting the packages ready Sunday night to go out Monday morning.

12. mattgirl

I have your paypal addy so just let me know the cost and I will get it taken care of.

13. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

what's your local lfs, btw? i'm also in the metroplex and i have yet to find an lfs with lots of decent plants.

i'd be interested in some clippings in july or later, if you have any and are still willing to get rid of some :emoji_eyes:

14. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

I'm in North DFW, Denton area. LFS doesn't have super huge selection but it's better than PetSmart or Petco by a long shot. They're called Fish N Chirps, worth a checkout if you're ever up this way. If you're interested, PM me about some bacopa I can probably help you sooner vs later.

15. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

ahh, cool, i went to unt and lived there for 4 years :) i went to fish n chirps before it moved locations. i kinda miss it up there haha. denton added sooo much new stuff. i don't have a tank set up yet atm because i'm on vacation, but i'll probably pm you sometime!

16. Lunnietic

Lunnietic Well Known Member Member

Are you still shipping some out? I would be interested!

17. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Yes PM me for info, about to go to bed so I'll reply in the morning

18. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

Last call! So far I have lockdown and mattgirl who actually contacted me and set everything up. Anyone else interested needs to contact me asap!

19. OP
    OP
    cody2posh

All the packages are out, tracking numbers have been provided. Hope y'all enjoy the plants.

20. mattgirl

Thank you. I will let you know when mine get here.