Free Plants!

1. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I have a number of plants that are over taking my tanks (mts in full gear of course). So I am going to give away a couple bunches and a number of single plants.

I have Swords (Amazon, and a smaller type that is only four inches tall),
    crypts (not potted),
    a golf ball of taiwan moss,
    a clump of Trump's toupee (ball of drawf hairgrass, right now it looks like a bird's nest in my tank, or a toupee),
    water sprite,
    a single cyperus helferi plant (in my 37 they reach the top and bend),
    and whatever else I feel like dropping on this.
    Right now the numbers look like this:
    x2 Amazon sword
    x2 small sword
    x4 crypts (bareroot)
    x1 golf ball Taiwan moss
    x1 ball of Dwarf hair grass
    x7 water sprite (these are single plants with good root systems)
    x1 cyperus helferi
    x1 Banana plant
    x2 Rubra (bareroot, lily type plant)

To win one or more of these bunches/singles, show me a picture or pictures of the tank you have that you think it would go well in. Many of these plants are very healthy green (or the color they should be) and would love better homes than being crowded in my tanks.

The only cost to you is shipping; I will find the cheapest method of shipping that is safe for the plants and ship them that way.

This ends at the end of the month 6/30/2016, that way I will have time to pluck up which plants go where and time around work to get them shipped out!

Pictures of plants in no real order:
    [​IMG] crypts
    [​IMG] small sword
    [​IMG] amazon sword (with babies)
    [​IMG] water sprite
    [​IMG] (twice the size of a golf ball, banded so it doesn't get everywhere)
    [​IMG] cyperus helferi (long thin plant that looks similar to val - the other are rubra, amazon sword, and red sword/ozelot)
    [​IMG] rubra (bareroot)
    [​IMG] banana plant

2. glocknug Member Member

I'll bite! I have been trying to replace my fake plants with real plants for months. I recently planted some Anubis, some bacopa, and some wisteria. I am now about 30% planted, as I had to remove half of the bacopa due to rot..

My first photo is before planting. I will take an updated photo soon!

3. oOBlueOo Well Known Member Member

I'll get in on it!

This is my green sunfish tank. A 40g breeder until they get moved to my 120g. I've been adding some plants here and there, but it's not as planted as I'd like it to be.

[​IMG]

1. oOBlueOo

4. clk89 Well Known Member Member

I am going to join this, I will add a picture to this post soon. Just marking it for right now. ;)

Alright so I have a 40 gallon breeder that I currently building a stand for so close to being done. By the time this contest ends I should have the tank cycling. Here is my very empty tank:

IMG_4204.JPG

I am going to be doing a ying yang theme, light colored sand on one side and black on the other. I am doing same thing with the plants dark colored plants on one side, lighter on the other.

As far what plants I would like I am going low tech, no CO2, low/medium lighting, and some ferts.

I love banana plants, and I can only buy them online as my local stores won't even order them for me. It's not illegal here or anything they just don't like special orders. I also like moss for driftwood, crypts are a favorite too.

5. martini4 Member Member

[​IMG]

I could use way more plants!
    Crypts and/or water sprites

6. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

You may also say what plant you are interested in, as well as a picture of the tank. (Want to make sure I send you something, or somethings ;), that are in tune with your tanks!)

7. glocknug Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

The first pic is mostly fake plants. The second pic is my current setup with real plants on the left, one real on the right, and some fake plants to fill in. In the long run I'd like to get all of the fake plants out of there and replaced with real!

My tank is tall, so I'm waiting for everything to grow!

8. shusband Well Known Member Member

I have three tanks that I am doing live plants in. The rubra, water Sprite, and swords are all plants I'd be very happy to receive.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1465053570.814381.jpg
    This is the first tank, it has eco complete substrate and is home to a kribensis cichlid, hatchet fish, harlequin rasboras, khuli loaches, and a clown pleco.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466081463.888073.jpg
    The second has black sand for substrate, and is currently stocked with ghost shrimp and a peacock gudgeon.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1465053821.863768.jpg
    My last planted tank, is currently struggling with black hair algae. It has play sand substrate and is stocked with angels, pearl gouramis, a 5 year old gold three spot gourami, Australian rainbow fish, cories, Bolivian Rams, and a rubber lip pleco.

9. Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Might as well try my luck at this
    [​IMG]
    My 20 long sorority, it's not the prettiest but the girls love it!
    [​IMG]
    The other tank would be Niko's, these are the only ones with decent lights.
    I'm definitely interested in the swords, moss, and banana plant.
    Thanks for doing this!

10. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

An updateed list:
    2x Amazon Swords
    2x small swords
    4x crypts
    1x taiwan moss
    1x ball dwarf hairgrass
    7x water sprite
    1x cyperus helferi
    2x rubra
    1x banana plant
    1x mystery bunch (will include a few [2-3] stems of a couple types I have depending on how well each one is doing - most likely rotala of some type *have three different types to choose from along with other stem plants*)

11. Taffymieh Member Member

This sounds like fun and a really kind offer by you!

[​IMG]
    This is my 10 gallon housing a male half moon betta named Qui-Gon, some ghost shrimp, a couple african dwarf frogs, and a glutinous mystery snail :)

[​IMG]
    This is my 5 gallon that needs some aquascaping assistance lol My other betta, Kenobi, lives here along with a couple other ghost shrimp.

I'd be most interested in the moss, water sprite or mystery bundle~ haha I don't have a setup that can accommodate plants needing higher intensity light at the moment.

12. Jwills95 Member Member

I'll try my luck!

Here is my 20g long sorority, my first planted tank! I have 8 female bettas as of right now. (Ignore my earrings in front of the tank)

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466046013.981240.jpg

And here is my 10g divided male betta tank. As you can see, I need some more plants. I'd like to break up the lines of sight through the divider.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1466045799.582301.jpg

I would be happy with any plants! Thank you for this :)

13. Pringlethesnail Well Known Member Member

Here is my 10 gallon tank I recently aquascaped for the first time. I would like any low light beginner plants! That is very kind of you and fun to try to win:) [​IMG]

14. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

Just a note, some of the plants could have "parasite" snails; bladder/pond, mts, or even ramshorn (I have blues, pinks, and leopards that I can see in the ramshorn). I will try and get them off but cannot promise they won't have tiny babies on there.

15. Skyy2112 Member Member

[​IMG]

Just redid my shrimp tank, I would love to get ahold of a carpeting plant, maybe the taiwan moss or dwarf hairgrass? Or the amazon sword w/ a baby would be sweet, i'd love A sprite... but no place open atm. =/ maybe some crypts?

Thanks for giving back to your community! Hope to do this some day!

16. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I am currently sorry, the water sprite has to be taken off the list as my 22 plants melted or were eaten (looking at the angels and snails in that) and I now have only two or three solid plants. That would make the plant count on this to be 15 total plants, I will change up the numbers a little to make it a little more - adding another banana plant and another mystery bunch (most likely 9-11 stems of a couple types of plants) - the rubra will be a little shorter than the one pictured at the top.

17. glocknug Member Member

Even if I don't get anything, I wouldn't mind suggestions for what to add to my tank. I have removed most of the fake stuff, and it's looking a bit bare![​IMG]

As you can see, it's a tall tank. I'm still waiting for it to fill in! Everything is real except for the tall fake plant on the right, and the two up front.

18. katiemorrison94 Member Member

This is my 60 gallon aquarium that I am starting again. My fancy goldfish just dies after having them for several years. My tank is already cycled and ready for my tropical community! I have 3 plants already, but I really want to have a planted tank. I am currently trying to get my piece of manzanita driftwood to sink. Please oh please send some free plants my way! Plants are more expensive than my fish are where I live!

[​IMG]

19. Bamafish353 Member Member

Oh won't let me post a picture. :-(

20. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I can't find the forum link for the "how to post a picture", if anyone else has it, please post it for Bamafish353!