Free Plants For Postage- Arizona Area

Kyleaz
I have these floating plants. They grow like wild fire and I hate tossing out the little ones. They have round petals and new little plants come out from the mama plant.
Now that the weather is better I would love to give the smaller ones away to anyone.
Sorry I have to look them up to find the name.
Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_9182.JPG
    IMG_9182.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 140
mattgirl
This is very nice of you. I am pretty sure it is called Frogbit. I would love to have some but I am fairly sure I would kill it. I know I did the last time I tried it.

Rtessy
I think it's salivina minima, if it's a bit fuzzy. I don't think frogbit is fuzzy

Mary765
I'm interested..

Lynn78too
I'm not sure what that is but it's not frogbit.

goldface
It's not frogbit. I'mpretty sure it's dwarf water lettuce.

Kyleaz
The plant is not fuzzy.
Kyle

I don't think this plant can be easily killed. It seems to grow pretty fast but again in my shrimp tank, 10gal I have co2.
Kyle

mattgirl
Y'all could all be right as to what it is or isn't I just googled Frogbit and a lot of the photos looked like this plant. I am sure a bunch of them are similar though.

Mary765
How much would shipping be to the UK? Is shipping to the UK available?

goldface
Y'all could all be right as to what it is or isn't I just googled Frogbit and a lot of the photos looked like this plant. I am sure a bunch of them are similar though.
Hope these photos help. Below are frogbit (better known as Amazon frogbit). You can tell the difference from the plants from OP. Pictures were actually taken by another member. I just reposted it here from one of my old conversations.
331E3F07-46DE-4CD1-A6CE-545DD30EB753.jpeg
C5BFE00A-5BEE-40D4-A5E3-8025204AF854.jpeg

sfsamm
Looks like dwarf water lettuce to me too. Here is a photo of a bit of mine. But I've never kept Salvinia and thought it had a bit different leaves. And nope it's not frogbit.
b1e5431bbef46d2226a77f845d6fdc4d.jpg

luckdown
If you're still giving some away I'd be interested :3

mattgirl
Yay !!!! I got my plants today. Thank you so much Kyleaz
Hopefully I will be able to keep them as healthy and productive as you do. If so at some point I too will share some of them.

luckdown Kyleaz wanted me to spread the word that she still has more to share.

Kyleaz
Please I have too many of these plants in my 50 gallon tank. I hate to toss them.
Kyleaz

Mary765
Mate I am still interested in them but I'm in the UK

Fishywife
I'd love some if you have any left please?

Ms rose
are these still available? I am interested if so

Teishokue
Yes it is water lettuce. You can see the striations and fuzziness. As for the UK. This plant is considered invasive. Most the time it will not make it to the country

Mary765
There's plenty of water lettuce already over here

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kyleaz
Replies
Views
Lucy
2 3
Replies
Views