Free fry they got lose 10 Gallon Tank

1. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

So I came home today from going to my LFS to get plants for the fry tank seeing the heater I ordered came in today and I was gonna move them to it tonight. But when I got home I found the breeder at the bottom at the bottom of my 10 gallon with the lid popped off and the fry swimming around with their mom. So I cut a old fish net and wrapped that around the filter intake and I just put all the plants I just bought in my 10 gallon for them to hide in. So far all 20 are still in there and mom even charged and bit me when I was putting the plants in. I believe the MS are the ones to tip it over. Lets see how this goes but I believe everything will be fine seeing there is plenty places for them to hide in the tank.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Good Luck with your Fry.

3. PrairieSunflower

PrairieSunflower New Member Member

The strongest ones should survive just fine with plants to hide in.

4. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

If they have plants they will be mostly ok. Some will venture out and I'm sure get snagged by another fish, but for the most part you should be ok for a bit. Once they get a little bigger you will probably see them out and about even more.

Good luck with the fry!

5. OP
    OP
    J

Well wake up today and all are still there. Mom and my BN pleco are the only fish in there and 5 MS and 50 MTS they all love the plants I bought yesterday. So far everything is going well.

6. D

DPM New Member Member

good luck hope the other fish dont find them

7. OP
    OP
    J

They did great so did her second batch I kept 4 males from the first batch and 3 from the second and sold mama and the other 44 to a friend so she can breed them