Free Bettas W/ Tanks To A Good Home!

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I can't take care of my four Bettas anymore because I am going into high school, joining a travel soccer team, and getting two more guinea Pigs. I love these Bettas with all my heart and I will give them and possibly their tank for free to a good home. There is one female - Belle - who is light blue and under a year old. She comes with a 2.5 gallon with hood and LED lights, gravel, a silk plant, a filter, and an air pump. Next there are Louie and Everest, Halfmoon double tails. (They do have fin rot due to my inability to make time for water changes, but that should heal quickly). Louie is blue and red, and Evi is a translucent/shimmery white betta. They come with a ten gallon tank with a hood and LED lights filter, heater, gravel, four live plants and two silk plants and a divider. You can get them together and their tank or one by itself for your tank. Then there is Captain, a plakat male. He is a very unique coloring, with purple, red, pink, white and sometimes a shimmery blue. He comes with a 2.5 gallon tank with a hood and LED lights, gravel, a filter, a heater, a moss ball and a live plant. There are pictures below of the Bettas. Please take them if you can, I feel terrible knowing they have dirty water and I have too many commitments to do anything for them. Thank you. Please Note: if you want the fish by themselves, they are free, but with tanks cost money. Thanks!
Edit: Everest and Louie are showed without the fin rot in those pictures.)

Last edited:

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Would you be able to ship them(I know a lot will ask this, so just want go ahead and ask!)? I'm very sorry you're going to have to give them away.

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Unfortunately, I have never shipped before so I am really wary of it... for now that's a no.

These are pics of Everest and Louie w/ their fin rot

Last edited by a moderator:

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I understand that, there's a lot of very knowledgeable people here on shipping though. I'm sure they'd be willing to help. It might be difficult to find people in your area to take them(hope you do though!), so I'd just keep shipping in mind. If you do decide to ship please post it here!

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BonBon, this is where Lucy (moderator) wants us to converse from now on. Just let me know when you have made any decisions.

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
In your other post you mentioned babysitting, but this would probably be permanent. I would like to think I could take them back eventually but realistically that's probably not an option. My parents don't appreciate fish, and I have a feeling once they're gone they won't be allowed back. I'm just happy to know that they will be taken care of. The filters I have are not the best, small and all pretty dirty, so I don't know if they can still be used, but you can have them if you want for free. I don't know if my parents will let me give away the actual tanks for free, I'll have to ask them. But if I put a price, it will be very cheap because I don't care about making money. Just to clarify, you want all four, including the female? I also have spare divider sheets if you want. My ph is around 7.5. I will put a pic of the filters below.

KimberlyG

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What ever they will let you send along is okay. I do not, at the moment, have extra filters and heaters. I would need to know what is being sent with them. It sounds as if I might have to buy a heater for the female anyway.
Sometimes circumstances change. I understand it will probably be permanent at least as far as the bettas go, but you never know. I had a friend that was NFL bound. One small accident, one moment in time, and it was gone. If he had fish, he would have needed his fish back to help him heal. He really did need something to take care of, something that needed him. (Not happening to you, but you know where I'm going) You will be college bound and while they would probably want to wait for you, it may not be possible. heir life span is not that long. (Dirty filters? The BEST! I can clean them but what I really need is the bacteria inside them. I want to try to avoid any cycles or mini cycles in the tanks due to my upcoming vacation. (The son doesn't do testing.)

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Okay, I can send 4 filters and a 50w heater. I was thinking we could meet around Hoffman estates? I have to ask but next week probably works, just pm me a date and location. You said all four, right? And the dividers?

p.s. I'm actually going into high school, not college, but I know what you're saying.

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I will be open to shipping as long as you tell me how, I've never shipped before. I'm not at home right now, but when I get home I will definitely post more.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If your open to shipping I'd post a question on the forum, lots of very knowledgeable members on that here.

By the way, which ones are left?

Last edited by a moderator:

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They are all left, Kimberly decided she had enough fish already. This is the only good photo of Belle I could get, she's pretty active. She usually is a bright blue color like the other picture, but the lighting is slightly off.

Nanologist

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How much do you want for Captain and his entire setup?

How much for the two and the entire 10g setup?

I live in Chicago area.

BonBon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Captain and his whole setup including 2.5 gallon, hood with LEDs, filter, heater, gravel, moss ball and plant would be $40.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom