Free 15g setup. What to do!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by CanadianMade, Aug 13, 2015.

1. CanadianMadeValued MemberMember

I recently got a free 15g aquarium setup.(heater, filter, hood and tank)
    Im trying to figure out what i should stalk it with! Any ideas? :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Blank canvas!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  2. Bob EllisValued MemberMember

What do you like? What do you already have?

If a 15g dropped in my lap I would do platies or guppies. I don't have a livebearer tank going at the moment.

3. CanadianMadeValued MemberMember

I currently have a 29 gallon tall with 6 zebra danios 6 pristella tetras and a pleco

im changing my DT to a planted setup too

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2015
  4. ricmccWell Known MemberMember

You might just keep it in reserve as a QT to be used as needed. If you put the new filter on to your 29, it will soon be ready to go for when you need a QT.
    I know that it doesn't like much fun, but QTs are an extremely important, and often over looked, part of the hobby.
    As many, or most plecs will far out grow a 29, you might be looking at getting a new, larger tank down the road. In MTS terms, I am what is know as an 'enabler' :).
    Actually, I am more an enabler/victim, and my wife is always pressing me to attend A.A. (aquariums anonymous) meetings about it, but it really gets tiresome going to Walmart for sneakers, and saying to the greeter, out of habit, Hello, my name is Rick and I keep fish. And it certainly doesn't help when your Higher Power is an oscar. All the best, and congrats on your windfall, rick

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. alirayFishlore VIPMember

congrats on the new tank, and welcome to the forum. Have you ever thought, boy if only I had another tank I would get this fish______________., while you were wandering though the fish stores.?:p. Unless it is too big ,then here is your chance. Have fun. Alison

6. CanadianMadeValued MemberMember

I have been going back and forth on making it into a QT. I think thats probably what ill do. I just get excited to start up a second setup and just want to go crazy lol. From what ive read it is a good idea to have a QT as it will save me alot of hassle if i come across a sick fish! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice