Freaking out Help

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Dasquee, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Dasquee

Dasquee New Member Member

Hey guys,
    As some of you will know I put a new canister filter on my tank almost a week ago, and so far it's been great. However, today I have noticed black and white spots of something growing on the inside of the tubing, it's on the inlet and outlet of the filter, but not in any of the plastic parts or in the tank... It also looks like the water itself is dirty, but I know it not to be as I can see the water coming out of the spray bar and it's clean as can be...
    Please help =\

Edit: Took some photos as below. The spots are all the way along the tubing, but as I said the plastic attatchments that go in the tank like the spray bar and the intake area, even the hook thingy's that hook over the tank, they're completely clean. I think I put it in last Thur/Fri.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Dasquee,

So sorry to hear this is worrying you. IMO, it looks like some sort of dirt. I'm not so sure. Hope there'll be more responses soon to help you out. Best of luck! :;hf

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Dasque,

I think what you are experiencing is normal. The tubes are going to get nasty over time. I personally wouldn't worry about it. :)

Ken

4. c

claudicles Well Known Member Member

They make special brushes to clean them out. You have to disconnect your filter and the tubing of course but the brushes do a good job. There are two sized brushes on either end of a long flexible wire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice