Frank's House

1. littleredridingmech Member Member

I posted a little while ago about how my mom got a betta. He's settled in well and I'm quite proud of how I decorated. :)

[​IMG]

We've named him Frank.

[​IMG]

Frank likes his house, and especially his plants.

[​IMG]

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

Lol it's better than what I can do.

3. Daniel W Member Member

Wow! I wish I had a mom who loved fish... Oh well, a man can dream, can't he?

4. Pikachu13131 Member Member

Why doesn't your mom like fish.

5. Daniel W Member Member

She never really has, just doesn't like pets I guess. Also, apparently, too much work. She's even joked about raising some catfish and then eating them. I do sincerely hope she is joking.

6. Pikachu13131 Member Member

How are fish to much work,all you have to do is feed them and do water changes.

7. littleredridingmech Member Member

Haha! That's how my mom is. I do the cleaning and feeding and she just watches him and turns the light on while I'm at school.

8. Daniel W Member Member

I'm glad you can relate. I thought I was the only one.

9. littleredridingmech Member Member

She always complains too that I only give him 8 pellets a day (they're half size, so I feed twice as many.) She thinks I'm starving him lol. She especially hates water change day, because that's the weekly fasting day.

10. Daniel W Member Member

That's like my mom! Actually, my whole family! Once, when I allowed my dad to feed my fish, I found all their bellies bulging. It looked like they were going to explode! I sure learned my lesson on that one, lol.

11. katiemorrison94 Member Member

That betta is gorgeous!

12. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Stunning Betta!

13. littleredridingmech Member Member

Thank you everyone! He got some friends a few weeks ago, two mystery snails. I don't have any pictures yet but the gold one has already started parasnailing around.

It was so funny when we put them in because as soon as Frank got too close to them they went into their shells and startled him. It was almost like he backpedaled away from them with his pectorals waving wildly.

14. 10 gallon bob Initiate Member

Wow your tank and Betta are so pretty! I used to have a beautiful Betta I named swimmy (very creative :p) and he was a big and navy blue. Sadly he passed away earlier this year so I just got more fish in a ten gallon. I wish you the best of luck with your Betta ( mine lived for 3 years) PS how big is your fish tank? Mine was a 3.5 but he didn't have tank mate beside a moss ball named Alf (yes I named a moss ball)

15. littleredridingmech Member Member

He's in the Spec V so 5 gallons. Since they're snails I wasn't worried about him getting territorial in the small space but they're mysteries so I've been watching my levels close. The bioload seems to have compensated for them easily.

16. 10 gallon bob Initiate Member

Oh yeah the Spec V is an amazing tank. That's one of the best 5 gallons out there. My Betta tank was a Top Fin Aquasence 180. It was overall a good thank but the filter wasn't good at all. I found myself cleaning it every other week.