FOWLR tank 90 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by pjcasabar, Mar 31, 2010.

1. pjcasabarNew MemberMember

I need some help about some questions on my tank that is about to set up this weekend.. so please help me out..
    1. how much LR do i need to seed about 50 pounds dried live rock and about 30 pounds dried live sand. how much sand do i also need and how long before i can put a fish in there.. thank you

2. NaeusuValued MemberMember

All you need is one LR to seed all those, but it will take longer. I think a few smaller pieces (2-3 lbs) or a few big pieces (5-6) should be great. for an 80gallon tank you really want about 80lbs of live rock and 30 doesn't seem like it would be enough unless you wanted only a shallow sand bed. As for when you put your fish in it depends on how quickly you cycle your tank (see nitrogen cycle) but it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month and a half before the water is safe enough.

3. locoyo386

locoyo386Well Known MemberMember

I would recommend about 5 to 10 lb of live rock or live sand.

No sooner than when the ammonia and nitrites read zero, after they read at least 0.5 ppm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice