Found on the side of the road

RvFishTales

Found this guy on the side of the road in a half filled 10 gallon tank in Quincy, Il left outside to die I rescued him and now have him being medicated in a QT why would someone throw away this beautiful Tiger Oscar. His name is now Major Glitch (or just Glitch for short) he is now Destin for the 90G where he can live his life in peace.

Attachments

• IMG_20220605_220251498.jpg
    IMG_20220605_220251498.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 68

Cue

Oh wow. They almost look like a crystallized glaze pottery piece; perhaps you could call them Biloba, because their markings look a bit like ginkgo tree leaves too.

RvFishTales

Oh wow. They almost look like a crystallized glaze pottery piece; perhaps you could call them Biloba, because their markings look a bit like ginkgo tree leaves too.
Named him Glitch

Cue

Equally cool name :D

Fisch

How big is he, what a coincidence that you just passed by....he is one lucky Oscar.

RvFishTales

He's about 8 inches long
Tank looked like it never had a water change it stunk and had hard water line at half
Looks like someone bought him as a Fry with no idea just how big they get and how big a tank you need for them to live comfortably

Fisch

It is amzing he survived as long. Keep the pictures coming, am curious how he will like his new tank.

RvFishTales

Ya he was traumatized he's been very skittish his first water change and he dropped to the bottom of the tank on his side like he was scared I was going to hurt him
He also is refusing pellets but I don't want to feed hid feeders so I guess I'll have to starve him out tell he starts eating the pellets again

PeterFishKeepin

did you keep the 10gal tank or left it there? hey its a free tank just some scrubbing will clean it up IMO.

RvFishTales

Ya got the tank

KingOscar

Well done! He/she looks amazingly healthy. Won't be starving any time soon.

RvFishTales

Well done! He/she looks amazingly healthy. Won't be starving any time soon.
Well he ate three rosey nose tetras sat but I want him a a good pellet diet like bug bites by fluval
Here's the tank he was in

Attachments

• IMG_20220606_112534202.jpg
    IMG_20220606_112534202.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 12

WRWAquarium

That's your good samaritan act complete. How lucky you were there to rescue him and provide a good home :)

Incredible the fish is in such good condition!

RvFishTales

Thank you so much

DrPleconstein

Glad you were able to save this guy! Got any pictures of the entire 90G tank you put him in?

RvFishTales

The 90 is still in storage wasn't planning on a 8 in fish right now he's in a QT we're going to put him at least in a 29 this week the 90 is going in our house along with a 220 and a 125 plus all the tanks we currently have in our Rv which consist of 1 55g, 3 29g, 3 10g, and 5 5g's
Forgot we also have a new 40g breeder in the rv as well

Nanonanny

Well done, I'm surprised how good he looks considering the conditions you found him in and how he was probably kept prior.
Spoil him rotten

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Anotherfinemess
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
Flowingfins
Replies