Found Indian Almond Leaves For Decent Price

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've had this website bookmarked for at least a year now but never had a card to buy online with. Finally decided to get a debit card and went a little crazy and blew some cash on fish stuff. Wondering if others have bought from this site before?

Free shipping and in comparison to a 3pk of 6in IAL for 9$ at VIPets, 12.50$ for 50ish 7in+ leafs is a much better deal. Also bought some Teak leafs to give them a try and we'll see how it goes. 10-14 work days shipping means I'll probably get them in a few weeks. I'll add an update when I get them.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Interesting, seems like a good deal to me, mine were purchased in packs of five that I got at $2.50 for 8-10 inch leaves.

I can never seem to have enough of these, they are always in my tanks and I boil them down to make tannin extract for when I do water changes.
Banana leaves sound interesting as well, I have always wanted to purchase litter from botanicals for my tanks, sounds like it's worth a try.

OP
Demeter

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm begin to hate myself a little. Decided to check out ebay for a little while and ended up placing two bids on females bettas and buying a bit of water spangles and some frogbit.

OP
Demeter

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I received on email saying the package was shipped on the 4th and I just got them today. Not disappointed at all, good price and great leaves, they'll last me a while.
Leafs.JPG

Grammywms

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I bought 50 minI catappa leaves last year online through Amazon and I put 6 in with water changes each week. The water never looked tea colored, or even colored at all. I boiled them down and still nothing. Bad batch?
Maybe I should try another seller. Where did you buy yours? If you can say.

OP
Demeter

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mine work perfectly and always tint the water really well. The place I bought them from is in the first post above

Grammywms

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I ordered 50 from Bettawan and received them today. They are pretty large. Do you think one is too large for a 5 gal. tank?

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Grammywms said:
I ordered 50 from Bettawan and received them today. They are pretty large. Do you think one is too large for a 5 gal. tank?
Depends on how much you want the water tinted. I thought one leaf would be too much for my 7 gallon so I did half a leaf, but it had no affect on the water whatsoever. I'm not sure if there was any invisible beneficial things going on.

Grammywms

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Put one in. Water is already colored. Do I leave it in or remove it til after next water change?

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Grammywms said:
Put one in. Water is already colored. Do I leave it in or remove it til after next water change?
Wow, really? You've got some potent leaves, then. I mean, it's up to you. I always leave the leaves in until they're falling apart in a few weeks, sometimes not even then but when there's just a stick left.

Grammywms

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Think I'll keep it in. Water change will no doubt dilute the color and tannins. Just didn't know what the rule of thumb is, if there is one. Plus "Endeavour", my betta, seems to like it already...swimming under it, poking his nose at it. Did you get your leaves from Bettawan?

Grammywms

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well, it's been 24 hours and the water keeps getting darker. Sometimes I can't even locate Endeavour. I know tannin has health benefits and it's supposed to make his colors more vivid, but I enjoy watching him and I can't even see his colors. I'm torn.

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Grammywms said:
Well, it's been 24 hours and the water keeps getting darker. Sometimes I can't even locate Endeavour. I know tannin has health benefits and it's supposed to make his colors more vivid, but I enjoy watching him and I can't even see his colors. I'm torn.
Just don't add any leaves for your next few water changes until the water lightens up. Next time you plan on adding Indian almond leaves I would suggest you make an Indian almond leaf extract instead so you can tint the water to your liking.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom