Found A Snail In My Tank?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by RobinIsACattto, Apr 18, 2019.

1. RobinIsACatttoValued MemberMember

Hi!

While, feeding, I found these lil buggers in my tank. I'll probably keep them unless they'll eat my plants or something. Any idea as to what they are, or what to feed them?

Prism (betta) doesn't seem to be too bothered by them.

Attached Files:

2. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Most likely pond or bladder snails as long as u don’t over feed they shouldn’t become a nuisance

3. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

I agree most likely a pond and the only problem you may have is overpopulation.

4. RobinIsACatttoValued MemberMember

So should I get rid of em? Are they helpful in any way?

5. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Not sure of their benefits but me personally I would keep em weather or not they overpopulated my tank

6. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

7. RobinIsACatttoValued MemberMember

Sounds pretty useful, actually... I may throw a few of the good looking ones back in.

I'm going through my hortwort atm and I figured that was the issue and I'm cutting out some of the clusters (kinda look like poo? I assume it's egg clutches). Anyways, thank you guys!

8. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Just make sure you don't have a algea bloom or you will have overpopulation.

9. RobinIsACatttoValued MemberMember

Oh.... whoops. I have a bit of a hair algae problem atm. But, I mean, collecting up snails hasn't been as bad as trying to get the algae, so maybe it's better? Are there any issues with overpopulation other than the ugly and bioload factors?

10. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

They will help minor is fine but mild and up will cause overpopulation.