Found a Molly fry, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Shedzy1985, Jul 18, 2015.

1. S

Shedzy1985 New Member Member

Hi. I've only had my tank a few months, so still learning every day. I found a fry yesterday and so I caught it and put it in the plastic breeder/seperation box that floats in the tank. I went and got some liquifry 2 and have put that in. What do I do now to keep it alive? I can get a mini tank to put it in but it would take ages to cycle. But it's not likely to survive left in the breeder box is it? I did see 1 more fry in the tank last night but was unable to catch it, and no signs of any today.

Much thanks, Amy xxx

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It should be fine in the breeder for a while, you can feed it whatever you feed the adults just crush it finely, Liquifry ime can foul the water quite quickly so keep an eye on the stats.
    Once it's big enough not to fit in the parents mouths then you can release it into the main tank

3. OP
    OP
    S

Shedzy1985 New Member Member

Thank you coradee. Will definitely keep an eye on my stats. I do hope this little guy makes it :)

Much thanks, Amy xxx

4. a

aquaman86 Valued Member Member

Crushed fish flakes works wonders for Molly fry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice