Forum upgrade Friday 7/30 - Page 2

Coradee

I know I didn't earn it either so I hid it.
It didin't feel right having it displayed.
I’ve hidden mine too, I know I’ve not had enough ‘Solutions’ to qualify

Ouse

Might as well hide mine too.

How many solutions do you need to become The Lore in Fishlore?

Edit: I can’t hide them?

Coradee

Might as well hide mine too.

How many solutions do you need to become The Lore in Fishlore?

Edit: I can’t hide them?
I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s 20, I’ll check
Go to your profile, find badges & click the little green icon thing next to it

Ouse

Go to your profile, find badges & click the little green icon thing next to it
The megaphone icons? They’re not working. :(

Coradee

That’s odd, this is starting to look like another glitch for Mike to check out.

StarGirl

That’s odd, this is starting to look like another glitch for Mike to check out.
The whole thing is still pretty out of whack.

RedOnion

Where can we find how many actual solutions we have though?

BigManAquatics

Think on your profile.

Lucy

I don't think you can at the moment. One of those things that needs to be worked out.

mattgirl

hover over your avatar and all the info will pop up. It looks like you have 130 solutions. I don't think anyone knows how many we actually have. Looks like it is gonna take some tweaking.

RedOnion

hover over your avatar and all the info will pop up. It looks like you have 130 solutions. I don't think anyone knows how many we actually have. Looks like it is gonna take some tweaking.
Yeah I dont think I have 130 solutions lol thats a lot for me. I think a while back I saw maybe 12? It was well under 20 that is for sure.

Lucy

Thank you and yes it will.
I know I was under 20 not 175!!!

mattgirl

Thank you and yes it will.
I know I was under 20 not 175!!!
I guess someone took some of mine back. It was 800 and is now 798 :D

LHAquatics

JLAquatics, its seems like your idea about the profile banner has been heard.

Lucy

Huh?
We saw this the first time you posted it
This feature came with the upgrade.

Unless you often talk to yourself
:hilarious:

mattgirl

I think I am going to have to change my location to "State of Confusion" :D I do like the banner option though once I figured out what y'all were talking about.

JLAquatics

This solutions thing still baffles me. Before, I had 11 best answers and was awarded the Lore in Fishlore badge a few weeks ago. Now the solutions jumped to 90? This is really something Mike needs to investigate which I mentioned on the previous page. In the meantime, I removed the Lore Badge as I do not consider myself a Lore in Fishlore for this crazy bug.

Lucy

He's working on it :)

This solutions thing still baffles me. Before, I had 11 best answers and was awarded the Lore in Fishlore badge a few weeks ago. Now the solutions jumped to 90? This is really something Mike needs to investigate which I mentioned on the previous page. In the meantime, I removed the Lore Badge as I do not consider myself a Lore in Fishlore for this crazy bug.
Jun 28, 2021 :)

I thought the number was 10 originally

JLAquatics

Jun 28, 2021 :)

I thought the number was 10 originally
It was, but I got another best answer for a total of 11 after I got the badge but before this update came along. If solutions intend to replace best answers, then I have not rightfully earned the badge yet as it says you have to have 20 best answers instead of the 10 it was.

chromedome52

Okay, new problem, don't know if anyone else noticed. My alerts list used to clear when I left the forum, however, it hasn't cleared since the upgrade. I'm just talking about the small list you get when you click the bell, not the full page list.

Edit: just noticed that there is now a bar at the bottom of the list where I can mark the alerts as read. I don't believe that was there before, as I never needed to do that.

mattgirl

Okay, new problem, don't know if anyone else noticed. My alerts list used to clear when I left the forum, however, it hasn't cleared since the upgrade. I'm just talking about the small list you get when you click the bell, not the full page list.

Edit: just noticed that there is now a bar at the bottom of the list where I can mark the alerts as read. I don't believe that was there before, as I never needed to do that.
I have noticed the same thing. Just for grins i clicked on the mark read and as far as I can see it didn't change the list. I will go into preferences and see what I can see.

nope: It just took me to my normal preferences.

One other thing I have noticed is it take a bit longer for replies to post once the reply button is clicked. The first couple of times i thought I hadn't clicked it right and started to click again but then the message posted. I now know to wait a heartbeat after depressing the reply button. No biggie. Just something I've noticed.

ProudPapa

When viewing the "New Posts", with the button de-selected for "Unread only", the bold type for thread titles that have replies I haven't read only works for the past 24 hours. After that they're all in the thinner font instead of bold.

1627919915578.png

mattgirl

It seems like this is now outdated information. Some tweaking is happening. I have to think Mike is trying to find a solution to the confusion about solutions.

Pfrozen

Threads that haven't been updated are still in bold for me sometimes, even if I was the one who last replied. And sometimes the text box glitches out for a second on mobile. Other than that everything works on my end. To be honest Fishlore has always been fast for me, never had any issues with performance in the past. Seems to be exactly the same

SouthAmericanCichlids

Just something I noticed that's part of the update is if you click the first 3 dots in the typing bar, and then click the mask, you can make something hidden until you click it.

StarGirl

we had that before....lol

Lucy

StarGirl Looks like a great way to get your post deleted. Unless a bank post was a mistake?

Just something I noticed that's part of the update is if you click the first 3 dots in the typing bar, and then click the mask, you can make something hidden until you click it.
I don't even see a mask lol

StarGirl

Looks like a great way to get your post deleted.

I don;t even see a mask lol
I think hes talking about the eye thing.

Lucy

Oh got it, thanks!

SouthAmericanCichlids

Not like a covid mask, like a mascarade ball mask.

StarGirl

Mine is a eye with a cross line through it.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Hmm, not what I am seeing. Also just wondering what is the code thing? Or none of us rude members' business's.

Also, side note, is SanDiegoRedneck no longer a forum sponsor.

Lucy

Hmm, not what I am seeing. Also just wondering what is the code thing? Or none of us rude members' business's.

Also, side note, is SanDiegoRedneck no longer a forum sponsor.

Can you post a picture of it? I'm just seeing the eye with a line through was well

Re: SanDiegoRedneck his choice, He decided to put his energy into something else. :)

StarGirl

No idea what the code thing is. I have not see that one before.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Screenshot_20210802-201154_Chrome.jpg

StarGirl

Huh.....mine is a eye on both phone and PC....lol

Lucy

Oh I see it!
StarGirl do you see the 3 dots next to the crossed out S
Click on that

StarGirl

Ah I see it now we were looking in the middle dots.....lol

SouthAmericanCichlids

I clicked on the second set of 3 dots and it showed the eye with a line through it.

StarGirl

Is there a difference? lol

Ohhhh that the old blur.

SouthAmericanCichlids

So have they both always been around, and have I always been blind, or am I still blind and only one is new?

StarGirl

So have they both always been around, and have I always been blind, or am I still blind and only one is new?
We have had both one is just renamed?

SouthAmericanCichlids

So, Lucy , is the code thing anything for the members, or just mods?

Lucy

I'd assume since you can see it it's for everyone. :) I don't know anything about coding though

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'll @ mike to ask.

Mike ⬇

Lucy

I'm sorry. I don't know what the big deal is. It's a coding thing. If you knew how to code you'd know what it was and how to use it
Since it's there and you can see it, you can use it just like any other tool you're seeing
It's always been there. It's not new with the upgrade.

SouthAmericanCichlids

I'm sorry. I don't know what the big deal is. It's a coding thing. If you knew how to code you'd know what it was and how to use it
Since it's there and you can see it, you can use it just like any other tool you're seeing
It's always been there. It's not new with the upgrade.
Just wondering, and there might be some cool stuff we could do with it, idk.

richiep

I've found this morning a black dot appear on the right hand side of posts that I pick up on when I wake up, Its been so confusing on times in the past trying to keep tabs on which one I answered last but now as you open each post up the black dot disappears making it so easy when when you get 10+ posts to catch up on
Whoever thought of this its brilliant

SouthAmericanCichlids

Multi-quote isn't working for me right now.
Wait it is now, I don't know, it's being a tad spotty.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies
Views
TazednConfused
Replies
Views
vaporbon
Replies
Views