Forum upgrade Friday 7/30

Mike

This is just about ready to go... The upgrade will happen Friday 7/30 around 8am CST.

Also, I unfortunately need to disable the dark styles until after the upgrade to see if it resolves a date/time issue with the dark styles.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Coradee

Thanks for the heads up :)

JLAquatics

This is just about ready to go... The upgrade will happen Friday 7/30 around 8am CST.

Also, I unfortunately need to disable the dark styles until after the upgrade to see if it resolves a date/time issue with the dark styles.

Thanks for the reminder, Mike! I am quite intrigued what this upgrade will bring.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Until then I'll be, Blinded by the light.

JLAquatics

Until then I'll be, Blinded by the light.
I know what you are saying, we are all bats here! :hilarious:

LHAquatics

Can't wait

SouthAmericanCichlids

Also, is the new threads bar smaller now?

mattgirl

Hopefully the upgrade will fix the lock ups. :) Am I the only one experiencing this issue? I will be typing along and nothing seems to be happening. After a few seconds all I've typed shows up. It happened twice while I was typing this message.

JettsPapa

Hopefully the upgrade will fix the lock ups. :) Am I the only one experiencing this issue? I will be typing along and nothing seems to be happening. After a few seconds all I've typed shows up. It happened twice while I was typing this message.

I haven't had any problems (Chrome on a desktop).

jdhef

No problem here.

mattgirl

I just typed out a long reply on another thread. Not a single lock up. To be perfectly honest I am beginning to think it only happens after I have been on Amazon and then come back here. It is like it is still doing something and is causing what's happening.

Once yesterday I got the blue screen and a computer reset when trying to go to amazon. Another time I was told my display driver had a problem. The thing is it only happens when I go to amazon. Thankfully I buy very few things from there so I have no problem never going there again if this keeps happening. I was only trying to go there to cancel my prime membership trial. Once I got that done I came back here I got the lock ups. I restarted my computer and no lockups typing this.

Mike

The software upgrade is complete so I've opened the forum up for posting. However, we use quite a few third party add-ons that I'll be updating throughout the next several days. Badges, aquarium details, colors of various things, all will get updated soon.

Looks like I will have to manually recreate the previous "styles" of the forum since there were too many incompatibilities with the latest update, so that will take a few weeks to get those rolling again. We do have a dark mode again for those that like style.

EDIT: Also, any weird issues that you come across please post in this thread and I'll use it to keep track of things that need looking into.

LHAquatics

FiInally dark mode :hilarious: I'm loving the update so far

JettsPapa

Also, any weird issues that you come across please post in this thread and I'll use it to keep track of things that need looking into.

I noticed that the "Aquarium Details" link near our user name is no longer there. I assume that's one of the things you'll be working on, but wanted to mention it just in case it's not on your to-do list yet.

Mike

I noticed that the "Aquarium Details" link near our user name is no longer there. I assume that's one of the things you'll be working on, but wanted to mention it just in case it's not on your to-do list yet.
Yep, that is on the list - thanks

mattgirl

I have been seeing gradual changes ever since I logged on this morning. The best change is the font size is now back to what I normally see. Messages, Reactions and Location is now back. I am sure the page down arrow will soon be back too. Page up is there and working well :)

Thank you for all you do to keep this forum running so well Mike. I am sure a forum upgrade isn't an easy task.

BigManAquatics

Mike

Displayed this when i did a post, but did clear up when i refreshed. Just in case it happens to someone else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-115702_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-115702_Samsung Internet.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 21

Mike

I just updated the aquarium details section and you probably got that because it was upgrading. Should be good with that add-on now.

SouthAmericanCichlids

The badges are quite small, I can't really read them.

Also, is the "A solution" the replacement of best answer? Also, is it awarded by up/down votes, or mods?

Ouse

Looking good. :)

Mike

The badges are quite small, I can't really read them.

Also, is the "A solution" the replacement of best answer? Also, is it awarded by up/down votes, or mods?
Badge sizes are fixed. Yeah the question/answer used to be an add-on but now it is part of the core. Just finished running the importer that transferred the votes to the new system. Still trying to figure out how that works exactly because some threads have it while others do not.

Looking good. :)
Thanks!

StarGirl

What are best solutions?

mattgirl

What are best solutions?
I am thinking this has replaced the "Best Answer". I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

StarGirl

I am thinking this has replaced the "Best Answer". I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)
I know it did something.... but you had more than everyone. Im confused on that one.

mattgirl

I know it did something.... but you had more than everyone. Im confused on that one.
I see what you mean. I have no idea where all those numbers came from. Looks like I am second in line. I hadn't checked in a while but knew I was up to 100 best answers at one point. That is a lot less than the number for solutions.

I bet Mike will let us know what it is all about. :)

peachsonas

Just wondering if the Lore in Fishlore badge is a glitch? Don’t think I’ve reached 20 best answers quite yet! :p

Rose of Sharon

Looks great! Good job, Mike, and thanks!!!

MyFishAddiction

Just wondering if the Lore in Fishlore badge is a glitch? Don’t think I’ve reached 20 best answers quite yet! :p
Yeah, it says I have 67 best solutions. I'm pretty sure that's a glitch.

JLAquatics

I don't understand this solutions thing at all. It is giving me solutions in threads where I did not receive any upvotes or reactions for the posts when I look back at some of my posts. If this is not intended, you may need to investigate this issue Mike as I feel that this is a bug indeed. On another note, how is this solutions thing calculated anyways?

Reactions?
Post Count?
Upvotes?
What about a tie with any of the above?

Here is an example thread that I just found which has this potential issue;

Would You Use This in a Scape?

The badges are also really small on my screen still too.

These are things that really confuses me with this update. Other than that though, this is a great update Mike!

Lucy

Other than the polishing Mike has to deal with I think things are running smooth and faster

StarGirl

I LOVE the profile banner change option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLAquatics

I LOVE the profile banner change option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup! That was the first thing I found in this update! My wishes were finally made true from this thread made over a month back!
Profile Picture Idea?
Other than the polishing Mike has to deal with I think things are running smooth and faster
I really like the title of Star Boarder under your name Lucy! You are the most unique member that way but I guess that is none of my business to ask how you were able to do that. :)

SouthAmericanCichlids

Where do we find our best solutions?

Also, the *titles are still quite small for me, oh, in dark mode though.

*badges

Lucy

Also, the titles are still quite small for me, oh, in dark mode though.
Maybe so there's room for badges?

SouthAmericanCichlids

Maybe so there's room for badges?
Oh, I meant the badges, sorry, but it's only in dark mode.

Ouse

I must’ve missed it somewhere, but how many posts must you have for “star boarder?”

Thinking of what to have has my profile banner... uh this is going to be hard.

StarGirl

Oh, I meant the badges, sorry, but it's only in dark mode.
Oh it is only small in dark mode.....lol I never had it in light yet with the update.

Lucy

I must’ve missed it somewhere, but how many posts must you have for “star boarder?”
47,000 posts, been a member for over 10 years and a moderator for 10..

86 ssinit

Ok lots of stuff I have no clue about! Solutions? These aren’t just what people with sick bettas are looking for? ;).
Looks like smilies are back:).
Star Boarder! Wow are you like the Silver Surfer of the site now? Congrats!!.
Banner is pretty cool!
The site does look kind of corporate now though. Don’t know why?
Thanks Mike!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies