Forum Is Changing Words In Posts??

Discussion in 'Using the Forum' started by McFly, Apr 11, 2019.

1. McFlyValued MemberMember

2. bryangarWell Known MemberMember

goo gle

hahah yeah it does idk why

3. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

goo gle

I had to try

4. toosieFishlore VIPMember

I think the system does this to prevent links to other fish forum sites. I don't think it's a glitch. :)
    I tried linking a really good article to someone on GH and KH but this is how the link to that article translates.

And with respect to @Mike, I won't reveal the site with periods, even though it's a really good article, because I think I understand his reasons. So...that's my take on the glitch.

5. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Yep, there are a few websites we don't allow links to due to issues we've had in the past with them. If the system is replacing it with google there is a good reason for it, so please don't try to link to those sites.
    Thanks!
    Mike

6. yukondogWell Known MemberMember

Can we have a list of websites were not allowed to got to so we know in advance.

7. toosieFishlore VIPMember

Lol, I think all the names would come up google. I don't know if it would be possible to tell the system in one post to allow all the names but not in any others.

8. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

There's not that many of them, there's the one that the OP tried to link, plus a handful of others. Additionally, we don't need to make a public list, it's not fair on either party.

Fishlore doesn't allow the bashing of other sites, which a list would basically do. Sure we don't need a few other sites benefiting from Fishlore so we disallow links to them, but that doesn't mean we're about to go out and publicly name and shame so to speak.

If you happen to post a link that get's "goo gle", then just edit the post to remove the link, or a mod will eventually find it and remove it.

Yep, correct, they'll get converted/censored :hilarious:

Also, per Fishlore rule 2, as Mike touched on "Don't use initials or special characters to circumvent the system to spell out inappropriate words either we still consider it using profanity."
    It's not profanity, but for the purposes of interpretation, consider this to mean that if the forum has censored something, don't try and circumvent it ;)

9. McFlyValued MemberMember

Well, this isn't mentioned at all in the forum rules, that restricted
    sites would show this way. I thought it was a glitch, that's why I
    posted here to report it.

It's a shame that such a widely used global ecommerce site is restricted.
    Of course I won't link to it anymore, but the Administrators should
    at least post in the forum rules that restricted sites will show this
    way, so we don't continue (as I did) to figure it out on our own.

10. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

Good idea! Updated rule #5: https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/fishlore-forum-rules.227/

11. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

google. It doesn’t do it to mine.

12. McFlyValued MemberMember

13. MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

yeah, amazon is totally fine. It's just those 3 or so sites that are blocked.