Forgot To Pour Tank Water Into Filter, Foam/bubbles? Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Travis Bradbury, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Travis Bradbury

Travis Bradbury Valued Member Member

75 gallon, aquaclear 110.

I just did a big water change(75%) Half way through filling up the tank, i realized i forgot to fill up my filter with tank water.
    So i just filled it with tank water quickly while my aquarium was filling, so some tap water went into my filter also.
    I did use prime before i started filling, I also put some right into the filter after i put the tank water in.

Do you guys think my BB will be fine?

Also there seems to be lots of bubbles sticking together at the top of my water, ive seen it before but not THIS much.. any idea what it is? Is it harmful?
    1523908550387.jpg 1523908569261.jpg

2. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

Should be fine. I usually pour into my tank directly from the bucket. It should be fine.

3. NavyChief20

NavyChief20 Well Known Member Member

in the grand scheme of things a little bit of untreated water isnt going to make a lot of diffrence. Once you kick that filter on it will mix and the issue will go away. The bubbles can be a few things:

Just bubbles of air
    Bacterial colony that is aeriated
    Surface Proteins
    a chem residue from whatever chemical treatment you put in there.

Just monitor and see what happens. Should go away in most cases fairly quickly.

4. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

When I've done water changes recently, I only treat the first bucketful (with enough Prime for the whole tank) and then I don't treat the additional buckets of water as I've dosed enough for the tank. So far no problems.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice