Forgot To Dose Dechlorinator?

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Z123Killer, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Z123KillerWell Known MemberMember

So I was changing my water in my 29-gallon tank, I was dosing the 2.5-gallon buckets before they go in the tank. What happened was I didn't dechlorinate one of the buckets and accidentally put it in so I dosed dechlorinator (API Stress Coat) for the whole tank. I still had some buckets to add, so I dechlorinated them and added them, but guess what, I forgot to dose one of the buckets for the second time, should I dose the whole tank again???

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

No if you already dosed the whole tank the first time it's completely fine.

3. OP
    OP
    Z

Z123KillerWell Known MemberMember

Oh ok, so even if I put chlorinated water after the whole tank dosage it's fine?

4. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

If the whole tank was already dosed you're 100% okay. I usually add dechlorinator to my tanks first then add the water.

5. JesseMoreira06

yep, completely safe. I use a python water changer and I dose the whole tank then add water.

6. OP
    OP
    Z

Z123KillerWell Known MemberMember

@JesseMoreira06 @Bruxes and Bubbles
    Thanks, I was really scared lol. My tank took 3 months to cycle and I thought the chlorine was going to kill the cycle. I am sure I overdosed a little bit because I was first dosing each bucket as it went in, the I dosed the whole tank, the I dosed some more buckets as they went in, is over dose with API Stress Coat ok?

7. Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

You should be fine. I usually end up doing a 2x overdose of Prime when I do water changes. No issues.

8. JesseMoreira06

5x times over is fine above that it's becomes a problem.

9. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

You're completely fine, no need to worry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice