Forgot To Dose Dechlorinator?

1. Z

Z123Killer Well Known Member Member

So I was changing my water in my 29-gallon tank, I was dosing the 2.5-gallon buckets before they go in the tank. What happened was I didn't dechlorinate one of the buckets and accidentally put it in so I dosed dechlorinator (API Stress Coat) for the whole tank. I still had some buckets to add, so I dechlorinated them and added them, but guess what, I forgot to dose one of the buckets for the second time, should I dose the whole tank again???

2. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

No if you already dosed the whole tank the first time it's completely fine.

3. OP
    OP
    Z

Oh ok, so even if I put chlorinated water after the whole tank dosage it's fine?

4. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

If the whole tank was already dosed you're 100% okay. I usually add dechlorinator to my tanks first then add the water.

5. JesseMoreira06

yep, completely safe. I use a python water changer and I dose the whole tank then add water.

6. OP
    OP
    Z

@JesseMoreira06 @Bruxes and Bubbles
    Thanks, I was really scared lol. My tank took 3 months to cycle and I thought the chlorine was going to kill the cycle. I am sure I overdosed a little bit because I was first dosing each bucket as it went in, the I dosed the whole tank, the I dosed some more buckets as they went in, is over dose with API Stress Coat ok?

7. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

You should be fine. I usually end up doing a 2x overdose of Prime when I do water changes. No issues.

8. JesseMoreira06

5x times over is fine above that it's becomes a problem.

9. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

You're completely fine, no need to worry.