Forgot how to insert smileys :-/

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If anybody has Smiley Central, how do I insert a smiley under my post? I used to know how to do this, but it seems I forgot, or it doesn't work for me anymore. I use HTML address of a smiley from Smiley Central and I insert that address in the "Attachments" section under my posts. And it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks up front!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you pull up a blank e-mail page add the smiley you want then right click and copy on it then click reply on the site and click the image tag click paste and click the image tag again
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay while we are at it, how about the banners under the posts. I have tried to go to the site where you all got your banners about dying fish and could not get one to load. It took me forever to figure out the eggs too.

Rose
:-[

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose, copy and paste the url then use teh image tag teh same way I told Isabella above.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
TEST:

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Carol, I do not see any image. It doesn't seem to work, or I have misunderstood your instructions. But what I do not get is that I WAS able to copy and paste the HTML of the smiley into the "Additional Options" before and the smileys would work for me. Now they don't I wonder why? Can you see the smiley above? (It's a Santa Smiley, lol.)

Also, when I copied the smileys for myself before (onto my desktop, for example), and when I right-clicked them, I always could see their URL. But not anymore. Is there something wrong with my computer or has Smiley Central changed the properties of their smileys (the files we can copy and paste)?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh, yuck, you would say Copy and Paste..... I never have any luck doing that on these things. When I let up on the mouse button I lose the link. I can do links off of MSN and IE but not the image links. I am a computer mess that is all...

Rose

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I forgot to tell you after you right click on the image a gray drop down box will drop down then click on properties and then your url will show up.
carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Carol, that's what I always did! I'd always save the image and then I'd go to it and click on its properties, and the URL would be there. But when I do the same thing now, there is no URL anymore. This has me baffled. But still, you're able to do it (I can see your image. Can you see the one I've posted before?), so I presume I must be doing something wrong.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't save the images and do it either. I have to open a new email just like I was going to send it then put the image in that email then right click on the image in the new email and click proprerties then copy the url and do the image tag thing here at FL. Hope that helps.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Let us see if it works this time:

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looks like it doesn't work

This is what the URL I am putting in "Additional Options" looks like: ... and as far as I remember, this is how I always attached my smileys. For some reason, it doesn't work anymore. I don't understand it As for the mail method you've told me about ... I am not sure I am getting it! I am trying copy and paste this image in a "new" e-mail window on my hotmail account, but it doesn't want to paste there. I press "paste" (Ctrl + V) and it doesn't work.

I don't get anything anymore! I am 99% sure I was able to post smileys before by doing it the way I described above. I either have a TERRIBLE memory problem or Smiley Central has changed something.

Anyone else perhaps has an idea what is going on? What could I have forgotten? Is the link I put in the "Additional Options" the correct one? I think maybe I was adding something to that link in the past, that I forgot about? (I haven't used smileys in a good while.)

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Another test:

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I still can't see the image

Maybe Mike has changed some settings regarding images on Fish Lore?

But ... I can see your image Carol!

I am so confused!!!

???

( I think I need some good herbal tea for a wake-up or for a better brain functionality, lol. After all ... I've been working a lot lately )

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you putting it in the browse window under additional options????? I just paste the url in the actual reply window between image tags.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL ... Carol ... YES (!!!) I was placing the HTML in the "Additional Options" window ;D BUT ... it DID work before! Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. I finally figured it - was quite easy

Look:

2.gif

What you have to do is just roll your mouse over an image in Smiley Central, copy the HTML, and paste the HTML into the reply window here. But that's not all. The HTML will be very long, so you must cut it from both sides so that only "36_16_11.gif" is left, and put it in the "image brackets" (I don't know what they are called). The bold portion of the link is the actual name of the image.

OK, I am happy I am finally over with it. Thanks! ;D

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND TO EVERYONE !!! 

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to EVERYONE!!
carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom