Forgot Dechlorinator?

Celestialgirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I just did a small water change... but suddenly I’m questioning if I added dechlorinator to the last pail. I changed the water about 10 minutes ago and just added dechlorinator now to the tank to be safe. The fish are fine, enjoying the fresh water.

Would 2.5 gallons of lightly chlorinated water in a 37G be enough to kill a relatively new cycle?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I just did a small water change... but suddenly I’m questioning if I added dechlorinator to the last pail. I changed the water about 10 minutes ago and just added dechlorinator now to the tank to be safe. The fish are fine, enjoying the fresh water.

Would 2.5 gallons of lightly chlorinated water in a 37G be enough to kill a relatively new cycle?
Depends on the size of your tank. I really wouldn’t trust any untreated water, but I would suppose you’d be okay. I think if you added the treatment quick enough, you’ll be fine.

Celestialgirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Depends on the size of your tank. I really wouldn’t trust any untreated water, but I would suppose you’d be okay. I think if you added the treatment quick enough, you’ll be fine.
Any idea how much is too much?

TexasGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had earlier pails with prime? If so, it's fine.
You can always partial dose the tank first, then dose the pails also if you are worried about forgetting with many manual steps.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom