ForBettaOrForWorse's HMPK Breeding Journal

ForBettaorForWorse

This thread won't be getting much use until late August or early September, but I wanted to start it anyway, for fun:)
In September I will be starting my HMPK breeding project. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm looking for, which is something I hope to figure out by the end of this year.
I already have my first breeding male, which I bought off of eBay. His name is Kenai, and he has been doing pretty well here, after a rather stressful ordeal to get him.He has a very interesting pattern, and is grey (Which looks green under most light) with koi colored fins.
I'm planning on buying a few females from Demeter for him, just have to wait until April for my budget to come back, but I have a female that came with Kenai (She was like a gift) that I will probably end up breeding, but probably not to Kenai, depending on if a younger male could breed her or not. (She's pretty big.) If it doesn't work out, she will probably remain a pet. Her name is Miracle.
I'm planning on getting another breeding pair in September, as well as another male. That would give me three males, and four or five females.
I'm really looking forward to getting to breeding. I had a pair spawn twice, and only got eggs out of it once. I have never raised any fry to adulthood, and I'm excited to give it another try:)

ADFbreeder

Sounds fun! I’ll be following the thread!

e_watson09

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to read more about the adventure!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies
Views
AbraCadaver
Replies
Views