For you QQQUUUUAADDD and others, my new Platies :)

Discussion in 'Sexing Livebearers' started by orandagal, Apr 2, 2012.

1. orandagal

orandagalValued MemberMember

As requested, here are some pics of the new platies. I still haven't figured out who is who, but anyone can tell Male or Female, please let me know. Everyone is still happy and doing well. I finally figured out why the "mickey mouse" ones are called that after looking at their tails, it does resemble mickey mouses head :)
    Here's the little ones :)

Attached Files:

2. nippybetta

nippybettaWell Known MemberMember

Cute platies! The red wag looks female, as with at least one of the mickey mouse. I can't really tell on the second MM because I can't see it's side. You can tell because the females have triangular fins and the males have pointed ones behind they're pectoral fins, on they're underside.

3. slashgash

slashgashValued MemberMember

They all look female to me. Beautiful fish :)

I was having trying to explain to someone that worked at petsmart today the difference between males and females. She wasnt getting it. lol

4. afwife07New MemberMember

I love my platies too. I agree that they all look female.

5. cameronpalteValued MemberMember

They look nice, and congragulations on the new fish.

6. Donnerjay

DonnerjayWell Known MemberMember

YAY Platies!

7. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

Congrats on the new beautiful fish.

Sexing Platies:

Sexing LiveBearers #2

Best wishes for your fish!

Ken

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from Freshwater Beginners to Livebearers/Sexing Livebearers section of the forum. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice