For those with custom avatars...

1. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Now I know this isn't quite the same as user name but just a question. Why did you pic that avatar you have?
    *not sure if I should ask for a picture of your avatar attached since it's possible to change it*

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Mine is a butterfly that I took a picture of on our Deck. I love butterflies and, My user name everywhere is butterfly and have always used a butterfly of some kind for my avatar :)
    Carol

3. aquatic mouse Well Known Member Member

Mine is Steve (my stars & stripes puffer) because he's my favorite fish!

4. Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I picked mine because if I used my real photo everyone would know I drink martinis! lol.....

Actually, I use my avatar pic because it is funny! It is my 4 year old Granddaughter photoshopped...I used to have it on my desk at work and EVERYONE who came in laughed their booty off ..

5. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Mine is a sexy shrimp that I used to have when I kept a Biocube 8 nano reef. They basically walk around in the tank and wiggle their back end (very funny to watch) so I got the idea for the caption.

Attached Files:

6. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Mine is a picture I took out in the country in the town I live in.
    Here it is

Attached Files:

7. Slug Well Known Member Member

I picked mine because its a beautiful fish. A friend who imports discus brought this fish in a few months ago with his other stock. Its quite possibly one of the nicest i've seen and a monster show grade fish.

Attached Files:

8. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Mine is a picture of my first convict and her mate. It's been fun to watch her grow up and she's special to me.

9. Camille Member Member

I used photoshop to make a really quick one. I made it with all of my favorite colors...

10. speed0factory Member Member

mine is the fish tank of mine, a chinese garden in my Aquarium. but it look different now haven't got time to update the picture.

11. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Your turn Red :) Tell us about your avatar.
    Carol

12. MaddieLynn Well Known Member Member

I'm not Red, but I picked mine because I just LOVE this picture! I took it at an LFS and I call it "Cabbage Patch Puffer". Anyone who has seen a Cabbage Patch Doll knows what I mean!

13. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

Mine's my Oscar yawning...I can't believe I got to catch a pic of it!

14. Minnow Well Known Member Member

((long time no see, FL!))

I made my avatar on photoshop, using the blue bar above forum posts for the color. That way, my avatar matches the forum.

I picked the design to match my username-- it's not exactly a minnow, but I like it.

15. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Hehehe I should probably answer since i made the thread shouldn't I :p

Mines Richard, a character from one of my favorite webcomics: Looking for Group
    Specifically it's a shot of him from my favorite story arc where he gets shrunk down to toddler size.
    [​IMG]

16. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Mine kind of speaks for it's self. I was trying to set up a 10g but my cat had other ideas. lol

He was a stray we took in. The most beautiful fluffy white cat with one slightly crossed eye. He was a lovable momma's boy and would answer when called. Unfortunatly, he passed at the young age of 5 a few years ago from lung and heart problems.
    I still miss him and can't bear to change my avatar.
    Now I have a lump in my throat. :-\
    Sorry, didn't mean to bring down the thread.

Next!!

17. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

<hugs> Lucy.
    I know the feeling. I had Coolie for an avatar for awhile in memory of him. He's now on my profile instead.

18. mathas Well Known Member Member

My avatar is the carcinoid cancer awareness ribbon.

Any cancer awareness organizations or charities have a soft spot in my heart, but I chose carcinoid cancer specifically because I was diagnosed with it last July.

19. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Hugs to Lucy and mathas...
    Mines is my first betta Mars (who now lives at my boyfriend's house). I quite like the pic. I've got better ones since, but my computer's a bit rubbish and it would take too long to change!

20. jgon_ Well Known Member Member

Mine is Oswald the Octopus. I love cephalopodes and feel a big blue friendly octopus with a tiny little hat fits me well. Or something like that.

And my sig picture is a drawing done by Pink of my puffer, Captain Clack. :)